The Owners - FSG

Heroin without an e = drug. Heroine with an e = female hero. The Commitments lodged that one in my head

2 Likes

you kinda make his point for him though…

theres a handful (at most) of clubs we cant go toe to toe with in a transfer war, then theres the other 100 plus clubs across europe who dont stand a chance against us…

we are not some kind of unicorn, we operate in the same industry as every other club that manages to do good business…

seen em all over the years

we cant compete with *****
we dont want to do a chelsea/man u and have a bloated squad
players prefer london
players we can get arent good enough
no point sining him, he’ll be off to Barca within three years
we have a new manager
trust the process, its been successful
you just want the club to go broke and sign anyone
its not FSG who make the transfers

i sit on the sidelines here as this forum comes swiping in everytime someone suggests the ownership group is less than perfect, i will say, if anyone is really calm with the clubs movements this summer i suggest they take a closer look…

in my mind, even if we won the league, the squad need constant evolution, new faces are so much more in a dressing room than a new peice on the chessboard for the manager…im never relaxed when the first team isnt added to over a summer period, you leave yourself too much to do if you back end even just one transfer period (IMHO)

that said, this summer is really, for whatever reason, one i am at (not quite) peace with, its obvious that we arent goin to ‘go for it’ and see this season as a consolidation, maximum is champions league qualification, and minimum is champions league qualification…

We have a new manager who appears to be laser-focused on extracting the very best from the excellent squad he has inherited.

The fact that the club cannot afford to spend like drunken sailors on shore leave appears to have missed many people.

We aren’t Man City: we cannot throw money away willy-nilly.

But we aren’t Everton, either. We won’t spend just for the sake of it.

If the right player is available at the right price, we will do our utmost to sign him.

The fact that we haven’t been able to add anybody to the squad yet, whilst unfortunate, should be seen as a good thing: Arne has faith in the players at his disposal.

3 Likes

I’m still happy with our owners and I don’t question their willingness to spend.

I am disappointed because it feels like it took the club 6 months to appoint Klopps successor and nobody from the new hierarchy started working before July.

2 Likes

Some talk as if the only spending this club has is just on buying players. In Feb we announced a record revenue but yet a pre tax loss. I think the previous of one of the years, we posted a small profit? Not sure but this is the reality of PL. How many clubs can continue posting losses year after year? Man cheaters can but not us and we shouldn’t. And other smaller clubs could have stop spending but we are prudent. We balanced spending Vs performance on field and are pretty successful.

2 Likes

I agree. And it’s not only disastrous, but also utterly stupid.

To be fair, that one is literally true.

2 Likes

its true, but its not an excuse…

I see Henry was in attendance.

Took some nerve that under the circs. Fair play to him.

2 Likes

What circumstances?

1 Like

The one were he comes to watch his team’s new coach win his second game, taking over the legendary former manager he appointed, in a stadium 1/3 bigger than it was when he bought the club. Probably had a little stroll through the trophy room to look at the PL and CL titles we won in his time as owner.

Surprised he wasn’t lynched.

Absolute balls of steel that guy.

23 Likes

Probably visited the Training Centre which would have costed the Cheaters a new wingback. Shameless.

1 Like

Now that we arent signing anyone atleast get the contract part sorted. Very worried with Trent and VVD. Trent more so after yesterday’s reaction - i know he had given some under Klopp but yesterdays wasnt very necessary as we were cruising 2-0. I am more confident that Alisson and Salah will stay.

1 Like

Fucking shameless, our owner…

https://x.com/Kirkythered1/status/1827829015631257619?t=aH2p5YillKxLf3eydpHN5A&s=19

4 Likes

Where’s the sentimental gold chain money ? John ?

9 Likes

There is no gold chain money.

The sentinmental gold bracelet money though, that is a different story. :wink:

1 Like

You can all rest easy…

https://x.com/NickieNoo22/status/1828004592220553668?t=aKWjQEmHl51TtUOGdqlEPw&s=19

I know TAN has been fretting.

9 Likes

Well, that’s our shot at signing a new DM gone.

8 Likes

Stunning. Tapas and sangrias overlooking La Concha beach :ok_hand:

2 Likes