The Owners - FSG

It won’t change anything for us. We are self- sufficient anyway, and fsg loan any money they inject into the club to the club, and get it back over time.

Yes, now knowing the detail about 25% assuages any possible concerns, assuming we will continue to be run in the way we have been. A cash injection could give the owners a payday and also be useful to the club, depending on what happens with the money. But if dividends are not sought by the new shareholders, it’s a case of as you were.

To be honest the more public and dispersed the shareholding of the club the less likely we are to end up in the hands of a cowboy or an oligarch.

3 Likes
1 Like

"The club’s Red Neighbours community programme will be delivering 1,000 free meals to families in and around Anfield.

The team will also be providing half-term ‘Breakfast Club To You’ packs to all 25 schools in Anfield and Kirkby.

160 packs will be going out, with each one feeding a family of four - so a total of 640 people.

The ECHO also understands that Liverpool FC’s Foundation will be making a substantial donation of more than £200,000 to the North Liverpool Foodbank ahead of what is expected to be an extremely difficult winter for people in the city."

15 Likes

Bravo :clap:

1 Like

If he does what he preaches, it is a good thing for the club:

"When you are on your death bed looking back at life it would be a shame if it was just about the money.

"One thing I’ve noticed as I spend more time in Europe and bring our type of investment to the European sports landscape is that divergence.

"Whether in America or Europe you have to have respect for the fan. You have to have respect for the community and civic obligation that team owners have to the community in which they play.

"That connectivity to the community is so apparent in Europe.

"The fans really own the team, you as an owner or a prospective owner you better get around the fact that you are just a caretaker at this moment in time, you’ve gotten the proverbial baton and you have an obligation to do right by those fans.

"You have an obligation to put a winning team on the field, you have an obligation to create value to the fans and enhance the way that they experience their team.

1 Like

You know… Try google… Or well click the article… Strange strange post.

The villain from the 3 musketeers.

1 Like

I’m 50/50 on this,if they are investing and ploughing new money into the club but FSG still run it like they have been for the past 10 years,which could pay off the money owed on new stand,training complex,new Anfield Road stand,plus invest in new players next summer with the suposed £450mill investment,but look to cash in on the way out,when they sell the club then i’m fine with that.

On the other hand,if they are trying to do a Glazer type of investment and float us on the stock market and pay out dividends every year to make cash from us,then i think thats a massive no no.

I’m not bothered if FSG are doing this already but on a smaller scale,as they’ve increased our profits across the board and deserve something for the hard work,but it’s not at United levels where £20mill gets paid out to investors every year,plus the Glazer cut before a penny gets spent on the pitch,it’s the reason they’ve slumped,imagine if the Glazers had not taken out over £1billion+ from Uniteds profits since they’ve been owners,i’d hate for us to go down that route.

Hopefully these guys are on the ball like FSG and keep our club running on an upward trajectory.

3 Likes

I’m torn, and not sure what to think. On the surface it’s exciting that our wonderful club is so much in demand. Steady growth and evolution are necessary for sustainability. But to what end? We’ve heard a similar song and dance before (H&G) so I do remain somewhat skeptical. Cardinale is a relatively young man, and for him it’s always been “all about the money” so it’s a bit off putting to hear him say “it’s not all about the money”. Of course it is, just say it for what it is. The other part that seems dubious is marrying Cardinale/Beane philosophical differences on analytics and spending money. Those 2 principles have seldom been congruent in Billy Beane’s history, with analytics taking precedence to spending money. There is spending money wisely, and then there is being cheap, looking for “statistical bargains” as potential lottery tickets.

As with anything, time will be the ultimate decider. This is all going to happen whether any of us like it or not.

3 Likes

Saw this posted on reddit. Doesn’t sound great.

Horrible…

This is going to cause another social media outrage only for the club to backtrack and issue an apology until the next time.

I get that LFC isn’t a charity but really how many times does something like this have to happen for those in charge to realise that it isn’t a just another business either?

It’s really infuriating.

It’s a bit of a twist there isn’t it… They’ve set up their own version of charity to help eachother… Not relying on charities.

Do we even know if those employees are covered by the club or an agency?

It’s a tricky one for me. Necessarily the club relies on casual employees who cover numerous roles when there’s a match on, or tourist/attraction related club things, like tours and trophy room and such.

If I am working in a casual sort of situation like that, is it realistic for me to expect my employer to cover my ‘shortfall’ if there are not many shifts available for me to work, given the underlying situation?

At what point are we expecting the club to take on a ‘safety net’ sort of stance? Isn’t that more the role of government in a liberal democracy?

2 Likes

The club aren’t allowed to look to the government to look after the welfare interests of the unemployed though because…reasons.

2 Likes

The zero hours contracts are problematic though - this is probably one of those rip off the bandage situations. There is no real prospect of work for those people for months.

1 Like