I think this actually fair to be honest.
fuckin hell, that’s a shit tackle.
problem is, they’re punishing for the injury not the tackle itself. Otherwise, that POS Enzo Fernandez would be gone for the same length of time.
This is just a post to show some appreciation to the glorious hair and mustache Hector Bellerin is sporting these days.
As the old saying goes, always look before you leap.
Best use of AI I’ve seen in a while
https://x.com/lalinhafofoca/status/2087664453303341336?s=61&t=VxX1vHU3NOwwNhlbyICG-g
That was the gaffer
https://x.com/jsize18/status/2092226789951074599?s=61&t=VxX1vHU3NOwwNhlbyICG-g
Nice to see that kind of move.
Outrageous
https://x.com/extremefootbal4/status/2093239661548487048?s=61&t=VxX1vHU3NOwwNhlbyICG-g
When I was about 10 I got in to Utd first team training and once he saw the kids coming in he started showing off and did this over and over again.
With McGinn you know what you’ll get. A hand full of trickery, tomfoolery, guile and if you’re lucky…
Two separate articles on ESPN this morning about a striker looking forward to the season and focused on their Ballon D’or prospects.
I fucking hate here
Not surprising, when there’s so much money involved.
I think these things go in fads. The slashed socks thing seems top be popular and there was Robbie Fowler’s nose plaster.
I suspect that professional sportspeople do tend to be magical thinkers. Improvements are very marginal, so they may confuse a slightly better training session with magic underpants or whatever.
Cough Mona Cough
Years ago I was doing some consulting for the Detroit Tigers MLB team during their spring training and was overseeing a comprehensive cardiac screening program and working with the trainers to apply the results to the training of the players. Half the players were fascinated by it and you could see from his engagement with the process why the 40 year old starting pitcher was still a star in the major leagues years after he lost his fastball.
On the other side were the collection of players who were obsessed with some vibration plate nonsense one of the star players had brought in. The main coach had been fighting with him about getting it out of his training room, but lost, and now half the players were obsessed with thing like they were magic beans, or something that if they used some of the star power from the 5 time all star who brought it in would rub off on them.
Players are eager for any edge. They even more eager to want to find that edge in something that isnt “work hard and sleep well”, and there are a LOT of charlatans out there willing to sell them some magic answer.
Sports people generally aren’t the cleverest bunch and as most coaches are ex pros.
