The Random Football Debate Thread

4 of the top 10 ain’t bad.

3 Likes

Soon to be five. :smirk:

2 Likes

Where’s Jordan Henderson? Surprised he isn’t ranked N°1 :astonished:

3 Likes

Are Messi and Ronaldo still relevant in 2020???

4 Likes

Better get used to it. It is the BBC after all, and that is its chosen trajectory. :thinking:

2 Likes

???
I’m not sure I understand the point you are trying to make.

Still not any clearer.

1 Like

Come on kids it’s only a game.

2 Likes

Everton MMA FC are sending their scouts over to the next game.
They excited with what prospects they saw :0)

4 Likes
2 Likes
1 Like

Not sure the best place to ask this, but our commentary noted that Sam was vying to be only the second manager to get a win over liverpool in the prem with 4 different sides.

I’ve racked my brains, but cannot figure out how the first was? Hughes?

1 Like

Steve Bruce?

1 Like

Harry Redknapp.

West Ham, Southampton, Portsmouth and Spurs.

5 Likes

′′When I did the test to enter Barcelona, my father told me: 'If you come back and they haven’t selected you because they had 20 better players than you, no problems. But if they don’t select you because they had 20 guys harder and more determined than you, don’t even come home. "

Carles Puyol in his autobiography.

Always secretly liked and respected Puyol.

8 Likes

Yeah, Puyol was a great fighter. Though he had a bit of nastiness like Ramos.

1 Like

Not sure he was anywhere near the thuggish nature of Ramos,tough but fair imo.

3 Likes

No, not thuggish, at all. Just a bit cynical/wicked when he needed to be. Also, I haven’t seen many players grafting so hard even in his late years.

3 Likes

Puyol was a world class CB and always thought he is very likeable on and off the pitch. One of my all time favorites.

5 Likes

Yeah, I saw him as Barcelona’s Carra, really respected the guy. I started respecting him even more when I learned that he was a death metal fan, I think he was a fan of the most extreme and the silliest bands in the genre. :joy:

4 Likes