The Referees or The Twelfth Man

I know its those effing numptues at the BBC, just click bait twats, I was having a go at

I read that as playing advantage as we still had a strong chance of scoring from open play. As that didnā€™t happen it was pulled back to the original offence. For once, I thought the ref got that bit right but Iā€™ve no idea why there wasnā€™t a card as well.

2 Likes

The ref blew a millisecond before Diaz was tackled so was already giving us the peno.I took it he was merely pointing out the 2nd tackle as if to say"i could give it for either tackle "

2 Likes

I saw nothing of our game this weekend. Iā€™ll say that I was busy but Iā€™ll also say I canā€™t be bothered with a league where referees influence results for whatever reasons they may have.

Credit to the players picking themselves up again.

4 Likes

Dermotā€™s doing his RefWatch this morning.

His views;

Kovacic should have been sent off.

Guimaraes should have been sent off.

Expect him to confirm Gross should have gone, for that hatrick.

Sportwashing now includes refwashing as far as I can seeā€¦

Edit - he ended up saying that it would have been less controversial had Gross been yellow carded. Ffs

I can understand Jones getting a red card if thatā€™s the standard that they use, but how on earth did Kovacic not get 2 red cards in that game then? I wonder how they can justify, and do it with a straight face, refusing the appeal on the Jones card, while letting this one go.

Itā€™s not nice to rocognize but the simple answer is often the right answer.

Itā€™s bent. As soon as LFC look like a force to be reckoned with we get shafted.

4 Likes

What is an added concern, with the lack of consistency across the refereeing poolā€¦ Is not only do referees interpret foul play differently to each other - The same referee, in the same game, also lacks the consistency of himself, within the same game, same 90min timeframeā€¦!
As fans, we have not got a chance of knowing what passes for an infringement anymore - take the arm waving for a yellow card in the Hammers Vrs Sandcastle game yesterday - One player was booked for doing it, one opposition player was notā€¦! I mean, WTFā€¦!!

Donā€™t say we didnā€™t warn you after embarrassingly unacceptable display during Newcastle clash

Story by Antony Martin ā€¢1h

Peter Bankes put in an absolutely diabolical refereeing performance during the West Ham vs Newcastle clash yesterday afternoon.

West Ham drew 2-2 with Newcastle at the London Stadium ā€“ a result that could have been very different had Peter Bankes performed even to what would be considered a decent standard

Hammers boss David Moyes would have been absolutely fuming with the standard of refereeing at the London Stadium yesterday afetrnoon.

Newcastle definitely got the rub of the green with the decisions. West Ham were on the wrong end of them all day, but donā€™t say we didnā€™t warn youā€¦

Peter Bankes stinks out the place during West Ham vs Newcastle clash

The 41-year-old put in one of the worst performances you will ever see from a referee at the London Stadium yesterday afernoon.

And in typically West Ham fashion, pretty much every single decision went against us.

Bankes refused to hand Bruno Guimaraes a second yellow card after he tripped Jarrod Bowen in transition. He also failed to book Jamaal Lascelles for elbowing Lucas Paqueta in the head

Then, the 41-year-old amazingly didnā€™t hand Miguel Almiron a yellow after he gestured for him to hand a Hammers player a booking ā€“ an offence that Emerson Palmieri committed earlier on in the match and was punished for with a yellow!

That was all inside the first-half!
Then during the second period, Bankes awarded a free-kick to Newcastle after Paqueta fairly dispossessed Sandro Tonali. The Magpies then went on to score from that set play.

It was an all-round disaster-class from Peter Bankes during the West Ham vs Newcastle clash. You know how Liverpool seem to get certain referees banned from officiating their games? Yeahā€¦we need to get on that bandwagon with Bankes.

4 Likes

Where else has Bankes been reffing recently? Just out of interest.

They had a big emergency session last week to go over the fuck ups of the prior weekend and refine the VAR protocol. But you dont get all those refs in a room like that and have them not be collectively affected by the criticism that Hooper received and so itā€™s hard to believe they did not go home with at least a subconscious drive to avoid repeating the criticized performance of Hooper. But Iā€™d go further than that and suggest they left under direction to not ā€œspoil a big gameā€ with a sending off they could avoid if they tried. Weā€™ve seen this before. The refs as a body are very reactive to controversy, which might superficially seem sensible to sway with the wind, but all it does is exacerbate the unfairness for the team who suffered the controversy.

This is what pisses me off about these ā€œrespectā€ type agendas. We start the season with bullshit bookings and reds and the oh so serious people tell us we cant complain because it will apply to everyone and once people learn it will make the game better. But weā€™ve been here before. They will apply it capriciously and for only as long as they want to.

1 Like

Will be the ref against the Bitter after the international break. :see_no_evil:

Unlikely, as he is from the Liverpool County FA. I was genuinely interested and not being sarcastic for once.

1 Like

Since when did we get that? Thatā€™s news to me.

I donā€™t even have words for this. How a supposedly professional organisation can be so badly run, I canā€™t even begin to comprehend.

1 Like

lol wut

1 Like

All trust is gone for me. Just gone, to the point where I honestly donā€™t expect a single decision from VAR all season going forward. I also expect every on field official to be a cunt.

You can already see them closing ranks and remaining untouchable.

The justifications I am seeing for not giving a red in the brighton game are laughable. There are vague hand wavey references to the criteria for DOGSO and no real attempt to align them with what we see. This is a textbook case of if you think you have a justification in the rule for this not being a goal scoring opportunity (he is 12 yards out, not more than a yard outside the frame of the goal, his last movement was to bring him closer to the center of the goal, and he only a keeper to beat (barely) then you need to rewrite your rule because it is not fit for purpose.

8 Likes

https://twitter.com/EPLnews24_7/status/1710933134605230099?t=lt2tPgE4GmjM0s6y2UUG5g&s=19

2 Likes

Firmino will teach them proper No look VAR

2 Likes