The Referees or The Twelfth Man

@BillyBiskix Ha that is amazing. I had a real Mandela Effect moment there. I’ve seen that Zico “goal” so many times yet in my head I remembered it as a volley from the edge of the box.

The Brazilian players talking to him from yards away as well. Today, you’d not be able to see the ref because he’d be surrounded by most of the players on the field. :nerd_face:

2 Likes
1 Like

I think if Mo was hit by one of Putin’s cruise missiles, in the penalty area, VAR would review it.

1 Like

I get most of my football news from either the BBC or ESPN (soccernet). Both do basic news plus deeper analysis of current issues. For instance, ESPN has a continually updated page on what the league table would look like without VAR (an idea that makes little sense). Yet today I see not a single mention of a potentially critical moment in a title race being something VAR have now admitted they got wrong.

We’re at the stage of the season where table pressure really matters. It’s not just a case of looking at the table of the season and subtracting 2 from city, its about making them play their next few games (against potentially difficult opponents) knowing their lead has shrunk to a lead of effectively just 1 point.

2 Likes

That ‘error’ from Tierney and Kavanagh was as clear a case of corruption as you’ll ever see. Absolutely crystal clear for anyone watching the scene.

8 Likes

Yep…if you can add /takeaway yellow cards and red cards…you can deduct 2 points…

2 Likes

Puts Riley right on the spot now…
Every Cheaters big decision from now on will be under the microscope…
Watch many worse decisions incoming for us though…
If they can’t help the Cheaters directly… they will do it indirectly.!
Thankfully, European referees in the CL… lets hope they are above anything sinister eh

1 Like
6 Likes

These things even themselves out…that is what we used to say.

Now however, VAR means these things don’t even come close to evening themselves out.

I’m jumping on the corruption bandwagon - bent as you like, scumbag cunts. Enjoy your blood soaked envelopes of cash you fucking cunt mancunion refs…

…nope don’t feel better for that rant. Will only feel better when we lift the PL title having to fight tooth and nail for every minor decision, whilst Man City get gifted their points.

4 Likes

Consequences, nah after his briljant performance at the VAR Kavanagh is rewarded to be te referee at the Burnley-Leicester match tonight. Both have VAR duties next weekend, in other words you can be as corrupt as you like, no consequences for you.

3 Likes

I wish I could be as shit at my job with no repercussion.

7 Likes

It doesn’t even have to be corruption although the dismissal out of hand always confuses me. But Kavanagh has made some ridiculously bad calls specifically around calls in favour of man city. I’m sure its all just pure coincidence. Theres no way Manchester born Kavanagh raised in a family of Manchester City supporters, and several season ticket holders, would be suffering any kind of bias, conscious or unconscious, when making decisions that impact City negatively.

3 Likes

You got evidence of this?

You got evidence its untrue before you launch your usual antagonistic stance to anything I say? If I gave you evidence what would it achieve?

To be fair to him, the burden of proof is with you on this one. As much as I’d like it to be true.

2 Likes
5 Likes

Well the fact that hes born in Manchester area is fact and the fact there is enmity between Merseyside and Manchester is a given, the likelihood that he at least knows multiple City fans and probably related. The talk has been about his family for quite some time and is hardly a ridiculous suggestion is it? Family from Manchester supporting the most supported team in that area? He’s famously never revealed who he grew up supporting whereas its common knowledge with majority of referees. Sure I don’t have evidence myself that his brother has a season ticket etc. but this isn’t a court of law and I’m getting quite sick and tired that anytime I make any kind of statement on here I have to fucking provide irrefutable proof. Nobody else seems to get the same treatment off you two.

1 Like

Isn’t the joke about Ashton-under-lyne is they see themselves as “Cheshire” and it knocks several thousand off their house prices if you dare mention Manchester.

You’ve got a compelling case with the fact of your posts from Twitter above. Tiernay is also on record as being one of Klopp’s less favoured ones (a statement that didn’t receive any fine which always tells you what you need to know).

There is something not right with these two and it goes beyond incompetence which is obvious in some others like Moss.

8 Likes