The Run In Thread

A last minute headed winner by the goalkeeper against a team that was already relegated hasn’t changed my view of our chances of finishing top 4. Hope rather than expectation.

4 Likes

Yeah i said last week lets just concentrate on one game at a time.

Well thats the first game done and dusted with a win. Well done Alisson what a guy, what a goal, so happy for him after the shit he has gone through the past few months.
Was so fucking great to get one over on the two fat Sams as well.

Now we move on to the next game against Burnley on Wednesday, think our centre backs will need some help against Wood and Vydra, but we should be really up for this game and hopefully have another win.

COYR

1 Like

I think Nat will be in his element!

3 Likes

Yeah you might be right there. He certainly looks like he enjoys a good battle

1 Like

I think a Leicester win is the best as it is the only scenario that allows Chelsea and Leicester to win on the final day and us still leave us be able to squeak in with a win and a draw.

7 Likes

I’m on the Leicester win bus, for the reason Limiescouse just outlined.

The other reason I would like a Leicester win is that probably bumps Chelsea to fifth, assuming we do our job and qualify.

They will need to win the CL final against Man City to qualify for next season. I feel dirty for saying it, as I don’t like them, but I would rather a Chelsea CL win than a Man City one.

11 Likes

Last game is at Anfield with crowd against Crystal Palace. That’s 3 points guaranteed. Next game against Burnley is crucial. We need to bury sitters. Salah needs to get a brace as he is the only one who seem to score…

1 Like

Can we all agree that CH winning vs LC is the worst scenario for us if we win?

CH - 67
Liverpool - 66 (+2 GD at minimum)
LC - 66

IMO, in the above scenario, the standings are NOT in our own hands going into the last game.

1 Like

I don’t think Leicester will win any of their remaining games. I feel they will be much more relaxed after winning the Cup. After all, a cup and Europa League isn’t too bad for them.

3 Likes

It would still be in our hands. Leicester would need to beat Spurs by at least 2 goals more than we beat Palace by to pip us.

• The smallest change in GD would be a 1-0 win for us against Burnley and a 1-0 loss for them against Chelsea. This would produce a final day GD of +22 for us and +20 for them. If we win 1-0 they’d have to win by 3 to pull level and pass us on GS.
4 Likes

This is what I don’t agree with. I don’t consider this “in our hands” if we are relying on the score between LC and TOT. If our game has finished and LC/TOT are in injury time, with LC needing a goal, well that’s not in our hands. Does this make sense? Maybe we need to create a psuedo in our hands category. If CH do win, we might as well wish that it is a hammering, and then we hammer Burnley.

2 Likes

As someone who lived through the Michael Thomas goal I can see the point.

5 Likes

We are all assuming Chelsea will beat Aston Villa :slight_smile: :wink:

1 Like

I don’t think Leicester will win another game. A loss and a draw is my guess.
FA Cup, Europa Qualification, good season for them.

3 Likes

We need Salah to score at least 2 more goals against Burnley then Kane does against Villa to ensure Kane tries everything against Leicester to try and retake the golden boot.

7 Likes

Getting ahead of myself here but if Chelsea finish 5th and win the CL I think that means less cash in the CL pot for us next season.

Plus over here in Northern Ireland pretty much noone supports Man City but there’s quite a few Chelski plastic supporters.

Salah tried everything in the last games of last season and couldn’t hit the target.

:joy:

2 Likes

My heart says draw, my head says Leicester win, but after the Alisson goal I think we’ll make it whatever the result.

1 Like

After the season we’ve had less cash in the CL pot but being in the CL really is the least of my concerns

4 Likes

Burnley will be tough, with fans in too.

We will know a bit more after Chelsea play Leicester tomorrow. I think Chelsea will win, as they won’t want a situation where they have to beat Man a city in the final to qualify for next season’s competition.

2 Likes