The Run In Thread

I was pilloried for suggesting boosting our GD a few years ago!
Heresy!

2 Likes

It’s been weeks we have been without key players like Alisson, Trent, Matip, Robertson (only back recently), and Jota. Yet, we have won a Cup and still in contention for three other trophies. So proud of this team. Also, Klopp is a wizard.

7 Likes

haters GIF

And they’ve shafted us with the 12.30 kick off for the West Ham game. They don’t even try to hide how desperate they are to stop us winning the league now. Three games in six days is ridiculous, it will be a miracle if we win the league, with this schedule.

4 Likes

That game may still be moved if Arsenal have a home Champions League semi on the following Tuesday.

(Tries not to laugh).

1 Like

I don’t get why that would impact?

Seems they play Sunday but still. Why wouldn’t they just move it to Saturday night?

Also TNT like BT sports before them hate us.

Don’t understand why they didn’t just schedule the Arsenal Spurs game for Saturday in the first place.

Fucking fans about with changes at short notice shows the utter contempt in which supporters are held.

3 Likes

Yup.

Seem so petty over their times they show games.

1 Like

I’m hoping we get our noses back in front after the next round of games, with a win over Brighton, and Arsenal and Man City both dropping 2 points.

Then we have got clarity.

At that point we will be in front… now give everything to stay in front.

Even with a tough schedule, bad decisions, and everything else we seem to fight to overcome.

Get our noses in front, and then go on a winning run until we are champions again. Arguably the cup defeat to Man Utd might help give us some additional impetus to do just that.

4 Likes

The TV re-scheduling has given us 3 away games in 6 days, including for an early 12.30 Saturday kick-off time…!!

Premier League confirm TV fixture changes with Liverpool handed daunting schedule

Story by Kieran King

The Premier League have announced their latest set of fixtures changes with Liverpool handed a daunting fixture schedule in their pursuit of winning the title.

Jurgen Klopp’s side face the prospect of three away matches in six days - including another 12:30pm kick-off on a Saturday afternoon - after the Premier League rescheduled their trip to Everton and confirmed the latest TV schedule.

After losing against Manchester United in the FA Cup quarter-final last Sunday, the Reds will be in Premier League action on semi-final weekend. They will now travel to Fulham on Sunday, April 21 with the match moved to start at 4:30pm for live coverage on Sky Sports.

This is before a trip across Stanley Park to Goodison Park for the Merseyside derby, which will take place on Wednesday, April 24 at 8pm, with the game shown live on Sky Sports.

To end a hectic week of travelling for the Reds, they will make the journey down to the London Stadium to face West Ham on Saturday, April 27, with the match starting at 12:30pm live on TNT Sports.

Jurgen Klopp has previously demonstrated his frustration at kicking off early on a Saturday - and these latest set of alternations to the schedule may leave the outgoing Reds boss angered once again.

Yeah, nothing to see here.

1 Like

Klopp should be all over this at his next presser, question their motivation and integrity, not that they have any.

2 Likes

Will be all the more special if and when we do win this.

3 Likes

I’d save it til the end of the season.

For me personally I’ll give up hope to win the league if we don’t win the next three matches (Brighton and Sheffield at Anfield, away against ManU).

The damage has already been done, with all the ridiculous decisions against us this season. There will be more to come, too.

We are going to win the league!

Next game I think we get our noses in front again, assuming we beat Brighton and Man City and Arsenal play out a draw, or City win.

Then it is in our hands. We double down our efforts and give it our all, going on a winning run to lift the title. The dodgy decisions we’ve already suffered, the large amount of injuries and the terrible schedule, including three away games in six days I think, is just going to make our league title taste all the more sweet.

Some years ago Jurgen told us to believe, and I believe we are going to win that Prem title as a goodbye present for this great man.

5 Likes

Do Arsenal and Cheaty have 12:30 kick-offs as well? And do they have a similarly cramped schedule? If not, it’s a clear distortion of the competition.

3 Likes

first time GIF