The Run In Thread

After getting knocked out of CL we are down to one pathway to participation next year’s competition. It has been a challenging season, on and off the pitch, and we have had rotten luck too. The lads look knackered as well, and the ones that we have been able to put on the pitch look below their best generally, and some by a wide margin.

So, what now?

I predict they go to the well one more time, giving it a superhuman effort to get enough points to finish top four. Obviously based on what we’ve seen this season we can’t trust them to win too many on the spin, so it will be nip and tuck. However, two wins now, and sharpened focus, and pressure on the others trying to get in the top four will see them drop points too.

I predict Chelsea and Liverpool will displace Leicester and West Ham for top four, with the two Manchester clubs first and second.

I think the next three rounds of games will go a long way in deciding the final standings.

1 Like

So we beat Leeds and we’ll go above West Ham.

2 Likes

Sing it, son.

9 Likes

Wrote it before - 5 wins + one or two draws should be enough.

But, difficult enough.

After this past week, it’s kind of difficult to see past Leicester. They have a piss easy run in with their only moderately tough games left being Chelsea, Utd and Spurs. I’m starting to think our best chance is not based on making up 4 points in 7 games on Leicester, but in making up 2 points on Chelsea who still play West Ham, City, Arsenal and Leicester.

(Worth a shot).

9 Likes

What do bookies or statistic sources say how high our chances are now?

Jurgen owes Steve Bruce a drink. 3-2 to Newcastle against WH.

1 Like

I see the pattern in the post. I’ll back it.

4 Likes

Have you given up on 2nd already?

1 Like

Not sure United will drop 11/12 points but it’s a proposal I could get behind!

1 Like

They are gonna drop 11 and finish on 73!Weather or not we finish 2nd will be in our hands.

1 Like

I guess West Ham will now be really fired up against Chelsea. Go, Hammers. :muscle::pray:

Can you say the same about Leicester next?

1 Like

I hope the relegation scrap doesn’t settle too soon:

United:
vs. Burnley
vs. Fulham

Leicester:
vs. WBA
vs. Newcastle

West Ham:
@ Burnley
@ BHA
@ WBA

Chelsea:
vs. BHA
vs. Fulham

2 Likes

Well then…

At this point in time, the only thing I know for certain is that this thread is gonna get a fiercer workout than my old fella after I knicked my first skin mag.

9 Likes

Season 1 Too Much Information GIF by Friends

4 Likes

Everyone knows 14yr-old boys spend most of their spare time wanking.

3 Likes

Chelsea just ensured that Cheaty will be in a rampaging mood when they meet in the League.

Guardians Of The Galaxy Dancing GIF

1 Like

We’re supposed to stop at some point???

4 Likes