The Run In Thread

Ah, the good old days when I had 8hrs a day of spare time.

3 Likes

Agree… And we need to win all 3 of our games… Now is not the time to slip up.

1 Like

Europa League/Conference League, here we come.

:slight_smile:

EUROPEAN SUPER LEAGUE!!!

Yeah Baby GIF by memecandy

Not all chances gone yet, but the lack of consistency is concerning. Leeds were there for the taking tonight during the first half, and our lads bottled it. After that, an improved Leeds side, fatigue and some bad changes from Klopp caught them.

All in all, a 1-1 there isn’t too bad, but it has to be said that we are very much a surprise package. You just never know which team will show up, and for how long.

2 Likes

I think we will do enough for the Europa but it doesn’t really matter as I can’t see us being allowed to take part or that the “super league” will be up and running by then.

1 Like

Ending up in the Top 4 could be the last ‘traditional success’ we could achieve so I want us to do that. Not even thinking about CL or something.

Two more points would have been huge yesterday but we can still do it.

4 points against Newcastle and ManU are a must.

Personally I just don’t want our season to end with a loss at Old Trafford.

1 Like

Don’t worry; it won’t.

It’ll end with a defeat to Crystal Palace at Anfield.

2 Likes

I want this fucking season to be over. Get Top4. Then we can think about CL / ESL and transfers.

3 Likes

I believe we now have to win all our remaining matches. Including at United…
Unless Leicester and West Ham drop some unexpected points. And we and Chelsea get the last 2 CL places.

1 Like

Chelsea draw at home to Brighton. Football news really picking up in the last hour or two.

4 Likes

It’s ironically not a bad weekend all things considered, it really is now for the team to push on and it’s for us to support the best we can.

6 Likes

Well said matty!!!

C’mon Reds…let’s get there!!!

FMD, after being cunted by this virus for 14months now, and the mess of the last three days, we could all use some good news.

6 Likes

Over and out. Send the kids to Old Trafford.

It’s not over yet but top four chances are slipping and grounds to make up are vanishing. Form this season has been woeful despite that we should comfortably have a lot more points on the table.

Refereeing hasn’t been kind. Injuries as well. But the team just hasn’t been clinical enough in front of goal on far too many occasions. Defence and midfield not always on song either.

3 Likes

Top four looked all but gone, then we got right back in it again with a couple of wins. Everyone else stumbled and all of a sudden, we had half a chance.

Then in just the last week we failed to close out two games in which we were ahead, and should have been more ahead, getting just two points instead of six.

Six points and we are fighting hard for third. Two points and fourth just looks that bit further away again. Not impossible, still, but now pretty unlikely, given form and so few games to go.

I honestly thought we might dig deep, rally, and just by sheer force of will do enough. Nab fourth then regroup and refresh in summer, to fight for the title again next season.

Right now that looks far away.

1 Like

There are still more than enough points likely to be dropped by the other sides for the door to still be wide open for us. The issue is we look even more likely than they all do to drop points ourselves. We’re just simply not a good enough team right now to qualify and have not been so going on half a season.

3 Likes

In other words we’ve fucked it.

We’ve got 17’points from 21 games I believe… relegation level.

3 Likes

Other teams may drop points. Maybe we need a year off Europe, considering, the debacle of the ESL, so the lads will not be getting abuse from the opposition fans and this week’s nightmare will be forgotten.

This “best bunch of fixtures” is developing nicely.

:joy:

1 Like