The Run In Thread

I understand the tone of the posts of late, as things have taken a turn and given reason for concern. Still, I hope we can resist the urge to have an autopsy as we are still breathing!

By far the biggest possible prize is the Prem. If we can find a way to regroup and dig deep, you never know. I’m not willing to give up on it.

We have had loads of injuries, and with using a lot of squad men and kids, we have over-performed to be where we are today. It is remarkable.

Now that we are reintroducing some main men we are witnessing a strange phenomenon, as it looks like we are temporarily worse! They are obviously good players, but Jurgen uses the word ‘rhythm’ a lot, and it is clear to see that the rhythm is not there yet, and as they integrate back they need to find it sharpish, or the season will be over.

I am backing the reds to get stronger and stronger from this point on.

We look to have hit the wall, but reinforcements are coming back and they are getting up to speed. If we can find a way to get three points against Crystal Palace we can take it from there.

That’s the next job we have lined up. Crystal Palace. Three points please.

And we can see what’s what after the final whistle.

3 Likes

We’re in a funk, and it’s no real surprise. We just have to hope that the team and Klopp can get out of it ASAP, starting with a solid performance on Sunday against Palace at Anfield.

Yesterdays defeat has left me somewhat down, as I’ve always thought it was going to be difficult to win the PL from this three horse race, and the EL provides silverware that comes with a lovely story (Klopp winning the lot etc), and that seems a mountain to climb.

I’m not a fan of the idea of throwing a load of kids in at Atalanta and focusing on the PL, and don’t expect Klopp/the players to want to do that either, but the eggs need to largely be in the PL basket now. City and Arsenal will both have gruelling ties in their CL 2nd legs, and we don’t really need that - a big win would have avoided that, and the big loss might have done that too.

It’s a pressure situation for all three clubs - who will crack…what a time to be a neutral football fan I guess - for us - not so much fun.

Get the win against Palace, then see what team can have a go in Bergamont.

3 Likes

I do think the team can win and win big in the 2nd leg.

Yesterday’s result was coming,. Since the international break we have been scraping results.And another thing is when are we going to stop starting games slowly? Like this has been going on for 2 years.

1 Like

I still can’t believe the over reaction to last night yeah that was shite. Against United is a different matter performance wise they were towled people confuse not taking the chances to not playing well. Not getting the chances is not playing well.

4 Likes

I get what you’re saying, but isn’t taking chances part of playing?

2 Likes

We can indeed, but we will definitely concede so we need the front three purring and banging in chances, which is asking a lot at the moment.

Imagine if Origi saves us again…

1 Like

Two chokers in the top three, looks like another city cheating treble.

1 Like

So the team with the most points from losing positions across the top five leagues in Europe this season are “chokers”?

Nah.

1 Like

All the great Nostradamus calculations in advance, schedule comparions and what not fell in the water.

Anyone saw us losing at home to Atalanta and Palace in a space of days, without scoring a goal?

:joy:

I was genuinely of the belief that winning today would be the winning of the league.
Its not over.
But I am utterly depressed with the result, and Arsenal losing makes it even harder to take.

1 Like

Today was another big blow, but yeah, of course it’s not over.

It’s a very hard league to look at schedules and make quality conclusions, it’s practically impossible. I rather just sit back and take it game by game.

So I’m not surprised one of the top 3 dropped points against an unexpected opponent. There could be more of that and the best wins of course.

Right now, I really can’t look past the next game and our performance is worrying. Let’s see if we can lift ourselves very quickly, if we become inconsistent or we end up having a free fall.

4 Likes

Nope.

I won’t go into further detail, in case @GermanRed thinks I’m whining. I quite like him, and don’t wouldn’t like to upset the poor lad.

No point looking further ahead indeed. The players needs to find a new source of energy and confidence within themselves, and there is probably a tactical and collective mental adjustment needed. The Atalanta game is as good as any other one to make a start in that regard.

2 Likes

According to the media this morning, the title race is over.

Might as well hand Manchester City the trophy now.

1 Like

I think they are likely correct though. He pretty much sums it up.

Emile Heskey

It’s very hard to see past Manchester City winning the title. I always say that towards the end of the season you have got to be ruthless because you know Manchester City are going to be. When it comes to the end of the season they are always at it, they are always really putting the pressure on, they are always fighting. They are relentless, and if you are not relentless they are going to blow you away. Now they are in the driving seat I can not see them falling.

1 Like

I always say at the start of the season that the refs will ensure that Manchester City win the league.

1 Like

Billy Crystal Crying GIF by MOODMAN