The Run In Thread

All is not lost lads!

I’m flying back to Europe today and so will be in the correct continent for the rest of the season.
If that doesn’t give you all a boost in confidence I don’t know what will.

3 Likes

You already called it, it’s all your fault. Our shitty finishing has nothing to do with it.

1 Like

I’d rather take the blame than have insults thrown at our players to be honest.

3 Likes

Bekloppt you

Hands Up Idk GIF by Catfish MTV

Calling @Bekloppt to report on his track record.
What’s our win percentage when you’ve been in Europe?

About the same as when in Australia!
Brilliant :+1:t4:

Told you, you shouldn’t go back. You’ve cost us big time at this point and you may need to be sacrificially sent into space to fix the 2024 bekloppt hemisphere curse.

Weren’t you in Europe/Berlin when we won the PL and the CL?

2 Likes

It’s the crossing hemispheres bit thats verboten. Apparently the only remedy is interstellar…

Nice try…
Next!

Edit: Ifti can pitch your case better than you…
You are back in the mix if what Ifti says is true!

1 Like

Are injuries and fatigue starting to catch up with our players at the worst time possible? The team has looked spent ever since that week that ended with FA Cup defeat at Man United. Not much has changed since, even though we’ve had players returning but they returned pretty late and won’t have any rhythm. At least we’ll have League Cup to show for this season…

Really looked like that tonight. It looked like a team that had hit the buffers and had nothing left to give.
Won’t give up, of course, but not optimistic about the rest of the season.

Got to throw everything into the last 7 games and hope City and Arsenal slip up somewhere. Pointless chasing a miracle next week, we come back to 3 aways in 6 days and we need to be as fresh as our opponents in every one of them to stand any chance.
Need Jota to hit the ground running. Midfield worries me greatly, don’t think I’ve ever seen anyone’s form fall off a cliff as much as Szloboslai after such an impressive start.

5 Likes

Yesterday was our match number 50 this season i think.

Does anyone ever had the feeling that this team plays like a well oiled machine? Let’s say in three consecutive matches during the course of this season?

Crazy to think how far we got with so many shit performances as a group and individually. So many (early) goals conceded. So many nervy games. No domination.

We have some brilliant players but nobody was able to show it in enough matches.

While Klopp wasn’t at his tactically best either I think he made this squad overperform.

2 Likes

Moving Szoboszlai to six - a position he has never played - absolutely killed us.

1 Like

Ifti’s had a great run but I’ll be making the second leg thread

@Iftikhar

I still have hope.

2 Likes

Literally so for the 3rd goal. Was still something to play for at 0-2. No excusing that awful pass though even if he hasn’t played 6

1 Like

In the cold light of day it feels like the past 2 results have been coming. The manager and players have massively overperformed this season, raising expectations. Then the emotion of Klopp’s announcement and dreaming of winning 4 trophies for him. Then the injury crisis resulting in overplaying those that weren’t injured. Fan protests at the worst time.

The boss and players seem totally drained, physically and emotionally, and it’s hard to see how they summon the reserves to win every remaining game.

It’s hindsight, and no blame attached, but I wonder if things would have been better had Klopp delayed his announcement. Feels a bit like the emotion peaked too early

4 Likes

It would have been impossible to keep it a secret. Then he would have been hounded at every press conference, there would have been uncertainty in the squad and amongst the fans.
Don’t think he had much choice.

It’s been the injuries and some dodgy refereeing that has fucked us.

1 Like