The Run In Thread

It really would be. Winning the league in Jürgen’s final season would be right up there with the greatest ever moments in our illustrious history.

5 Likes

Well it’s an interesting idea and I hope it works…
If we win today you’re hired.

& that I get my Sky broadband back up and running.

1 Like

You just don’t understand ritual strategy…

Expectation management

1 Like

You can go ahead and drop the mask mate, I already know you are one of us…

Sporting of Brighton to rollover and let Arsenal tickle their tummies.

2 Likes

When Klopp announced that he will be leaving, I expected the squad to raise their games and be more hungry.

1 Like

Didn’t we have in that time just after 5 players go down injured against Brentford?

1 Like

It’s game by game now. Arsenal have got Villa at home next who could give them a game. Ourselves and City have got ‘easy’ home fixtures against Palace and Luton.

After this happened it’s pretty much over for me personally.

Expecting us to win the next two league matches (Palace and Fulham) but after that I’m pretty sure we’ll drop points in one of the following four (Everton, West Ham, Spurs and Villa).

We’ve often haven’t been good enough (but still won), we make life too difficult for ourselves and then there’s all the other stuff going against us.

As for next week
City will beat Luton 100%. Still can’t believe we dropped points against them.

But more importantly Villa haven’t been good recently and they play on Thursday while Arsenal can prepare for them after their CL match on Tuesday. Also playing at the Emirates so expecting an Arsenal win.

3 Likes

Fuck me we are 2nd on goal difference not languishing in 12th.

4 Likes

I’m not being depressed or anything. I actually believe we can still win the treble. It’s just that I expected a raised tempo in our games.

1 Like

Will stop watching? You are still on match day thread duty right?

1 Like

I didn’t realise that. How seriously will they take that though when they’re still chasing CL next year ?

Won’t stop watching.

1 Like

I’m sure they won’t rest any players on Thursday. They have good chances of winning that competition (like West Ham last year).

Oh and by the way winning on Thursday will help the PL to get that 5th CL spot so Villa would really be stupid to not give everything they have.

2 Likes

After today’s game does anyone genuinely believe that we beat Everton at Goodison? United were giving chances for fun and we still couldn’t beat them. Everton is not going to do that.

2 Likes

I’d be amazed if we don’t.

2 Likes

They are where they are in the table almost entirely because of their home form and have been much weaker away. Of the three of us having to play them in the run in, we are the only ones to get them at Villa park :see_no_evil:

4 Likes