The Run In Thread

They appear to be doing it wrong then

2 Likes

You seriously think that a City win is the preferred outcome for the Premier League then?

Im more and more coming to the conclusion id prefer City winning it than Arsenal solely due to there fan base

3 Likes

I am really undecided. I think there is real merit to the idea that the more titles city win the more discredited the whole era becomes and the more our efforts to stop them having their own way will be celebrated. But fuck I cannot stand them.

5 Likes

I do.
Isn’t it obvious?

1 Like

I’m confident if we win our last six we win the league. However, I’m not confident that we win the last six.

3 Likes

look at 64-65min of the palace match and how static our players are in possession for 60sec. Until that gets fixed, we’re not going 6 wins. you can’t score on a low block, when you’re walking.

2 Likes

The ideal scenario is City and Arsenal both getting through in Champions league then getting each other in semi.

Even though how static we were we should have had 3 possibly 4 goals in the Palace game the low block had nowt to do with the result.

2 Likes

I may regret this but you think that despite the Premier League laying 100+ charges against them, they still would rather City won it than 2 clean clubs like us and Arsenal? We have a representative on the PL management committee. I would love to hear their take on it.

In fact each club has an equal say but still you believe the majority of clubs in the PL want City to win it and are actively conspiring to make it happen despite the charges. I can’t see why the other clubs would want a club that has cheated them to prevail and not one dissenter to blow the whistle including us. It defies belief.

1 Like

Ever hear of money?
Dirty money?

I wonder if that could be a factor?

115 charges.
Thats all they are, charges.
Everton, Forest have points deducted.
City have charges and no great urgency to deal with them. Forget the complicated legal process, no actual appetite to deal with the issue. Club under investigation is allowed to buy players? Ask yourself why…

Its ALL about money, though no one really will ever admit it.

I think some clubs woud rather have ANYONE than Liverpool win the league.

Planet Rambler is an odd place. No prejudice exists, no anti-Liverpool bias in any way, shape or form and all referees - including Anthony ‘Kopite’ Taylor - apply the rules of the game in a fair and even manner.

2 Likes

Yeah, you don’t really get to complain about struggles with a “low blocks” being our problem when you’ve got xG of about 8 across the 2 games in question.

EDIT: LOL at me quoting the wrong comment from @RER I am having a genuine shocker today. Seems apt for the way the conversations have gone in the last week

2 Likes

if only the “xG stat” actually translated to a scoreline, hey? United can attest to that.

The only chance I would term as “quality” was the volley that Nunez hit right at Fergusen. We may have had 10 scoring opportunities yesterday vs Palace but not a single one was a tap-in like Eze’s goal.

Quality over quantity. Not even Darwin misses that finish… or does he?

same problem we have had for years, we dominate possession against “lesser” opponents and struggle to get quality chances in the final third as they are defending with two solid lines and no space between. This is starting to feel like the slump of Jan 2023. abject defending, lifeless midfield and lack of finishing

2 Likes

Right. It applies to the number and quality of chances created. The thing that a low block is supposed to keep to a minimum. When your cumulative xG is high, figuring out how to make chances against a low block is by definition not your problem.

If your argument is that in the last 2 league games we didnt create enough decent chances, then ok - damn that low block. But that’s an honestly mental argument.

3 Likes

I’m confident that if we win our last six league games this season, Man City will do it, too. However, I’m not confident that our lads will score a single goal until the end of the season, let alone win a match.

1 Like

At the end of the season, I’m going to look back fondly on this as the moment @Nikola won us the treble.

2 Likes

BUT YOU’VE JUST PREVENTED IT FROM HAPPENING!!! :rage:

1 Like

It’s okay, the power of @Nikola is too strong to resist. Look what happened to United.

So you’ve established your reasoning for xG which is a statistic based on opportunity. what does this mean in your head :

Because games aren’t won by xG, it’s a meaningless stat.

1 Like