The Sackrace Thread

A cheeky mid game sacking?

I think if Arteta is sacked, the club and the fans have to be willing to start from the beginning again in the sense like when they engaged Arsene in the beginning who had success in relatively smaller leagues but one who has a vision and philosophy. Maybe someone like Christophe Galtier who has done miracles in the French league despite having to work with ā€œlesserā€ players and financial constraints, meaning coaching these players to play as a team above themselves rather than splashing money without any real convictions. Unfortunately Galtier has just joined Nice and even if Nice agrees to terminate his contract, it will take a huge amount of money but Galtier must be interested if a club like Arsenal comes calling.

1 Like

With mutually agreed whatever severance package plus one Ā£. :grinning:

Tough business for Arsenal. Even if there were at it, they probably lose to Chelsea and Man City. The initial Brentford game just sort of set the tone of losing.

Next week they have Norwich and a very good chance to get three points on the board. It wonā€™t be much but it might start to settle them down a bit.

Still, it all boils down to what Arsenal see themselves as. Nowhere near top four level, but definitely a big club that could get up there again, under the right manager.

Arteta is not that man. He has been there long enough to be able to show something. Even as a younger manager, there might be some iffy results, but if he has got it, with a little patience you should see the working as a project starts to emerge.

To my eye they are nowhere near that. Arteta is adrift and so are Arsenal.

1 Like

Arsenalā€™s problem is not just they are lacking that early Wenger, but they are also lacking a David Dein. They are also lacking the spine of a talented squad that Wenger inherited.

4 Likes

Arsenal can get whoever they want in. They are just fucked from top to bottom.

1 Like

Still stuck with loads of wenger era players though who should have been moved on at wenger time itself.

Emery didnt do a bad job per seā€¦ Comparitively

I have a bit of a soft spot for Newcastle, but no love for Steve Bruce. Hoping he might be next and a decent replacement incoming. Twitter suggesting fans arenā€™t too happy at the moment.

Arteta seems to be out of the woods for now despite dropping more points

2 Likes

Donā€™t how close Farke is to the door, he was talking about having credit in the bank last week thatā€™s never a good sign

1 Like

I am hoping the ā€˜THUGSā€™ moniker being labelled at Burnley makes the new owners think long and hard whether Dyche remains in positionā€¦ especially if they in the shit at Christmas time

1 Like

He brought them up twice and wasnā€™t sacked when they got relegated the last time so I think itā€™s true that he has that kind of credit.

Norwich donā€™t have the resources to survive in the PL and they are realistic with that. Makes them a likeable club imo.

2 Likes

Theyā€™ve only just given Dyche a new contract, I donā€™t think theyā€™ll sack him just yet.

With the referees allowing full body contact nowā€¦ Burnley are coming into their own
Problem being, once they get labelled as a team of thugs, as in their managers imageā€¦ It may make the owners take another look at him with a more critical eyeā€¦
Paying him off is akin to a severance pay in thanks for his efforts to dateā€¦ now take ya husky voice and fuck off back to Northampton! :0)

It depends what they want, last time they kind of made a stab at it this time they look atrocious, arenā€™t teams supposed to improve on the second and third return?

1 Like

I donā€™t think they are as bad as people are making out, they have a leaky defense and lack a good enough striker. Dispite this they play good footy. I think they could pull this around this season and Farke is the man to do it. I agree itā€™s difficult with such a poor start and the mental state of the players could become a real problem.
For me thereā€™s a good few clubs above them that are worst and I think the Norwich board are aware of this and wonā€™t risk rocking the boat at all.

Not sure Norwich are gonna crawl to safety. They are quite a lot of players short of being a competitive premier league team. But the style of football that they play makes them in all probability too good for the championship. They are resigned to being relegated and depending on the premier league parachute payments to get back up. If they lose any of their key players , they are going to rely on Farke to coach the existing guys and more often than not he does a good job there

1 Like

Watford sack Xisco Munoz. 14th in table, harsh.

3 Likes

7 points from 7 games, a crazy decision I did watch the game yesterday and they were very poor but sacking him this early is not right.

1 Like

Last time they went through a calendar year without changing manager is 2010 so it was due. There has been years where they had three different managers in the calendar year.

4 Likes

Pretty harsh indeed considering 35 points to safety and they are well oncourse to get there