The Sackrace Thread

Wouldn’t surprise me if they go for Sam.

That’s their only chance of a miracle to stay up.

I dont see it. Bruce would be more likely as an ex player (as was his son?), and probably on a short term deal.

However, it’s quite possible they have another non English manager lined up. Given the recent talk of unhappy squad, this may not have been a decision solely about staying up.

1 Like

I keep wanting to advance the case of Chris Hughton. A return to Norwich?

4 Likes

Would love it if that happened.

Wow, I don’t follow the Championship much. Embarrassed to say I thought Warnock had retired after leaving Cardiff. Weird exit, eh, as Boro are only 4 points from a playoff position. They’ve just announced Chris Wilder as his replacement. Could be good, as he did well at Sheffield United. Some seem not to like Warnock, but I never found him or his football that objectionable. While at Boro he became the man who has managed more League football matches than any other.

1 Like

I think he had retired, but I guess he finds it difficult to stay away. I believe this was a job where he was approached directly by the club rather than one where he put his hat in the ring.

Solid manager, football can be a bit dull and doesn’t do much to improve the attacking elements of teams so perhaps another short term option. Surprised he hasn’t had another job since leaving Brighton.

1 Like

What are the odds on Farke to United now?

The Farke sacking is really strange, especially after their first win of the season and judging by his post-match comments, it came out of the blue. I had a soft spot for Norwich, good manager, decent bunch of lads trying to play the game the right way. They simply don’t have the talent in the squad to be PL regulars and that’s down to the board, not Farke.

3 Likes

Didn’t he go to Forrest after Brighton?

1 Like

After selling Buendia in the summer, they spent £60m. As a smaller club, you expect players to move on regularly and I don’t think their sales have destabilised him.

yeah, I hadn’t noticed :rofl:

Smith out at Villa. Must be an international break looming

3 Likes
1 Like

Carnage!

Sackings cOme in threes? GoSh, who could be next?

2 Likes

Dyche? Bielsa?

1 Like

We’ve had 4 in about a week!

2 Likes

Maybe its 5. Ole has already been sacked just no one has told him or anyone else outside the club :thinking:

1 Like

I guess it depends on the terms of whatever competition he must have won to get the job in the first place.

No purchase necessary.