The Sackrace Thread

I’m sure I read somewhere that Gerrard said he would consider the Villa job. Anyone else see this or did I dream it.

1 Like

Haven’t seen it, but that could be a move that makes sense. Gets a chance to test himself in the premier league at a club with decent financial backing, giving himself a couple of years to make his case for the Liverpool job once Klopp steps down. Not sure there is much more for him to do at Rangers if we are still his ambition.

Presumably for Villa to get rid of Smith so early into the season suggests they have someone in mind.

2 Likes

It is going to be such a sad day when they dump him.

Maybe Villa and Norwich should just switch managers.

I’ve googled it, it was Chris Sutton saying Gerrard would quit Rangers for Villa. Paulo Fonseca is favourite Terry second favourite and Stevie G third.

1 Like

the way the Gers finances are looking, Gerrard would probably consider any job.

Their finances were quite bad when he joined them I think. Have been for a long time. Once you have won the league there with a club like Rangers or Celtic, I’m not sure there is much more to realistically do to significantly improve your CV, particularly when your chief rival is in a bit of a mess too.

I’d be very surprised if Dyche got sacked.

He seems to have a fair bit of credit in the bank with Burnley, so apart from a full player revolt he seems to be fairly safe.

1 Like

Only thing getting Dyche sacked from Burnley is if he came out and praised the EU or something.

Yes, I am just desperate to distract from the obvious next sacking. I can’t see Biela going either

2 Likes

You want the truth about Dyche?

1 Like

Surprised by this, thought he would carry on there for a while. Did Farke set off other clubs making switches too.

Thats four gone now this season.

Reports are BR is going to The Mancs???

I think with the recent lockdown measures and the PL being a league it is now, more clubs will go into panic mode and just change and hope it’ll work to keep them up. Carra also spoke well on Sky on these sackings. I hope in the future, more and more questions will be asked to people upstairs making these decisions, rather than this almost complete focus on the manager for all football related club matters.

3 Likes

Gerrard, Martinez and Lampard touted for the Villa job.

Personally, I hope Gerrard stays on at Rangers for a while longer. He could do with making it back to back titles at least up in Scotland.

1 Like

He shouldn’t leave Rangers midseason.

I hope he takes the villa job

1 Like

Nah, Stevie and Martinez are going nowhere. Especially not to Villa, who seem to have like 10 new players every summer. Too wild. They need to find someone good now and stick with him a little bit, find some stability. Also work on their expectations and be more realistic where they should be.

I’d actually like for Stevie to go to Villa, we’d get to see what he’s made of at least.

7 Likes

Gerrard to Villa seems to be gathering steam: Aston Villa want Steven Gerrard as next manager and plan Rangers approach | Aston Villa | The Guardian

1 Like