The Sackrace Thread

It would be a great move for him. Should be able to keep them up and build next season. We get to see if he’s got what it takes in the PL.

2 Likes

In terms of career progression, Gerrard to VIlla does make sense, but I personally think he would be better staying at Rangers til the end of the season.

He has already won the league once, but the true sign of a great manager is being able to back it up and win multiple leagues. Plus, by waiting till the end of the season, he knows exactly what league he will be managing in, as Villa are not looking as solid as they did last season, so whoever comes in could get them relegated if they don’t get it right straight away.

1 Like

Makes sense to move further discussion to the Gerrard thread:

1 Like

If Gerrard sees himself here then he needs to consider this, same with Alonso they need to take that step up and see what they are made of before we entertain the idea of them as a replacement for Klopp.

I find the anointed talk a bit baffling until then, I’m not expecting the title but if he was to take them into Europe at some level then that would show to me progress.

I feel his Rangers tenure is getting a bit stale if I’m honest, what impressed me is what he could do in Europe but theyve not looked as formidable in the league and looked crap in Europe.

Villa seems relatively well set up and isn’t a mess

2 Likes

Dean Smith has been appointed as the the Norwich manager.

2 Likes

Ranieri gone.

No Pizzas

2 Likes

lol Watford

charlie doors GIF

3 Likes

It’s Woy on the Weturn…

:rofl:

Retirement is a bit boring after all, eh Uncle Woy? :joy:

It’s 5-6 months work for a cool 4M in the bank i guess.

Don’t mind him getting a good reaction from the Watford squad if it puts the Blueshite under added pressure

2 Likes

F*ck it, I love a story like that and I don’t even have to be pro-Roy.

Roy gets far too much stick objectivelly from fans (though sometimes a bit overrated in the media because he’s a nice guy and it’s almost like they feel sorry for him - we don’t have to exaggerate on both sides). We don’t even have to like his football to cut that out.

I like to see success from different styles and ages. The more “oh god, oh no, oh how come” reactions, the better. So we all learn some lessons.

Wouldn’t mind him succeeding when he’s totally written off.

But I’m not a big fan of Watford overall, they just confuse me with these first team squads of 30+ senior players of about 25 different nationalities (mind you I’m certainly not a fan of the Bilbao way, even though I respect them!), I have no clue who does what and all that rotating of players/coaches from Udinese (and previously Granada).

Aah well…another opportunity to mock his speech impediment I suppose

2 Likes

My reaction is he wasn’t getting anything from Palace and he knew it and they knew it. That’s why he retired and now he is back sadly I think managers have a shelf line and for Roy that’s it.

I’m not going mock him personally that’s wrong but my opinion is he will take them down.

1 Like

Don’t like the Watford owners at all. Who do they think they are? They cycle through 2-3 managers a season. Along the way they had several who were promising. At the first sign of trouble they get sacked when they would have been better off sticking with one of them and trying to build something. I never had any feeling toward Watford as a club, other than a slight appreciation for selling Johnny Barnes to us, and also a smile at the Elton John connection.

Why would a fan of a massive club like Liverpool even care to dislike such a minnow? Well, these days their owners have moved me along to that category. Sham club, and if they go down, irony alert, what a pity! Still, there are several I’d rather see go through the trap door, but they are very vulnerable.

As for Roy Hodgson, still got his faculties, just, and since it is winter there’s not much gardening to be done. So he might as well get back in front of the camera. His ego will like it. His bank balance will like it. And it is a job without risk. If they stay up, he’s a hero. If they go down, it’s not his fault, he was the third manager this season and didn’t quite have enough time for his methods to translate. (Yes, deliberate, for the savvy red!)

Fixed

Roy Hodgson is Watford’s Ralfie…

And it didn’t take long, did it

2 Likes