The Sackrace Thread

He usually works from season to season.

And at this stage of his career/life, it was about to happen soon.

The whole of his family lives in Argentina.

We’ll see what he does next.

Go to Argentina?

1 Like

Good luck to Bielsa. A very interesting character and a welcome addition to the Prem. Leeds looked a bit lost towards the end, but they were also missing some players who might have protected them a bit.

Bielsa should retire. He deserves it.

Or, if the love of the game burns too bright, and he must coach, I’m sure he will get a gig in his homeland, in the bosom of his family. Good luck to the fella.

It was good while it lasted. Bielsa has been a real enrichment for the PL, and it’s a pity that it has come to an end now. Good luck to him!
Hopefully Marsch will hold up their new habits of playing attacking football.

3 Likes

This is wonderful.

Although he’s going to need more translation!

:joy: :two_hearts:

2 Likes

This should’ve been made for Rafa in 2010.

I might leave a message also. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

My perception/opinion is it’s not a very cohesive group. Several ‘individuals’ in that team doing their own thing, and Kalvin Phillips gives the air (in interviews) that he believes he’s much better than he really is.

I’ll be surprised if Marsch makes it through the end of next season, and I really like him. I don’t think he got a particularly fair shake at Leipzig.

As an aside, I’ll miss Bielsa’s translator!

1 Like

Perhaps there will be some of them moving on in the summer which allows for a more cohesive group to form?

1 Like

It’s stacked against him. He’s inheriting a team that might be completely burned out from four years of Beilsa, but he’s also going to have English football’s lazy prejudices about Americans in football to deal with.

2 Likes

Gruffalo has gone…

Wowzer, that’s a bit of a shock.

Look forward to him spearheading Everton’s promotion bid next season.

2 Likes

I don’t get the timing of sacking him and his coaching staff now.

Relegation will hurt Burnley as the owners staddled the club with huge debt when they bought it, so were relying on Premier League cash to service that, but changing the manager now is not likely to see any response in the players as the new boss will only have 8 games to try and get any new manager bounce but so late in the season is unlikely.

3 Likes

Sounds like a job for Big Sam to me. JK is now the longest serving manager in the PL.

3 Likes

Rumours that Dyche praised the EU’s speed with which they sanctioned Russian individuals.

1 Like

Honestly never thought they’d sack him….with that said I now want them to stay up.

Weird move unless they’ve got someone lined up, but who would take that on at this stage?

2 Likes

Sam Allardyce England GIF

1 Like

That incident is about the only time I’ve ever loved Allardyce.

4 Likes

I really thought that he would at least stay for one season in the championship. Will be interesting to see where he ends up. I like the guy :+1:

Always made the most of his limited resources…

2 Likes

“Dyche was the Premier League’s longest serving manager, having taken over at Turf Moor in October 2012.” From the BBC.