The Sackrace Thread

Bit of an odd time to sack him. I think after last weeks results Everton are safe anyhow, they would need one hell of a bounce from a new manager.

1 Like

Give me a total football idealist for the remaining few games at Burnley.

:joy: :tada:

Biesla?

David Unsworth…! :0)

it’s got to be Duncan Disorderly

1 Like

Perhaps its about preparation for next season, rather than saving this one?

5 Likes

We all take the piss out of him, and his teams didn’t exactly play attractive football, but if that figure of £21m net over five years is true, Dyche has worked wonders there.

Credit where it’s due.

12 Likes

Chris Wilder is bookies favourite.

It’s a shit decision. Very few managers could’ve done what Dychey did with Burnley.

CC: @Rambler

1 Like

Why would he leave Boro with a chance of promotion, weird.

1 Like

Bad move imo.

If I wanted a manager to get my club back into the PL, Dyche would be near the top of that list.

Yet another manager is the fall guy for poor club ownership etc.

5 Likes

He’s either shown a lot of loyalty or he’s not ambitious, or both I guess. Why would he stay there for so long with just peanuts to play with? He must have had enquiries from other clubs? Either way it’s probably time for a change on both sides, but the timing is crazy and they’re removing a lot of stability along with him. Saying that, he should have beaten Norwich and the bitters really, the useless neanderthal cunt.

To be fair you can see why losing to Norwich would lose someone their job.

1 Like

I completely agree with the historical view of what he’s done, but there even people who have inarguably done a good job in the past can reach a point where their leadership style and abilities are no longer suited to the situation. If he’s stopped getting a response then what he’s done in the past is worthy of thanks but isnt enough to keep you in the job.

4 Likes

@Limiescouse also an excellent point. I completely agree with you.

That’s my guess, he lost some of the guys in the room. Chris Wood made some statements to that effect when he joined Newcastle. The other piece of that is with new owners spending money on new players like Cornet and Weghorst they likely expected better things. quicker, whether fair or not.

But why not sack him the next day? Odd leaving it 5 days

1 Like

This is what I find utterly baffling unless they name their new manager by Monday then the timing is odd.

1 Like

Er, they did beat Everton!

2 Likes