The Sackrace Thread

Can’t really blame them to be fair

PL bottom 4:
17 Everton: sacked manager in 2022 after lost to Norwich
18 Burnley: sacked manager in 2022 after lost to Norwich
19 Watford: sacked manager in 2022 after lost to Norwich
20 Norwich

So that’s why Dean Smith took the job after Villa, looks like he’s unsackable in 2022.

Fair observation but in this instance I’m looking at the ownership. I agree things have probably gone stale but living in the PL takes good investment and when you’ve basically spent £20m over 6 seasons that will catch up with you eventually. There’s only so much you can scrape the bottom of the barrel before you wear a hole in the bottom.

1 Like

what actually happened at burnley with dyche? seemed like he probably heard they were looking at replacing him and he well nuclear in the boardroom and they fired him immediately or something. very weird time to fire him when everton are crapping the bed.

2 Likes

Doubt ten Hag will be sacked this season.

From the top clubs I expect Tuchel to be sacked and Conte maybe too.

Would be a miracle if Lampard makes it to the end of the season.

At least one of Howe or Gerrard will be sacked.

2 Likes

I am personally struggling to see Te Hag lasting the season.Their squad wa shite last season and is looking even more shite this season having had no massive upgrades.

Lampard will also be gone before the year is out, and 1 of Tuchel or Conte not lasting the season would be a fair shout

1 Like

Rodgers?

1 Like

Are we having a new sackrace 22/23 thread :thinking:

Jesse Marche or Arteta.
Both will under achieve

Fat Frank, 7 games.

Just looked at some odds:

Some standouts in bold - Fwank and Hassenhuttel are favoured with Tuchel already at quite short odds and Ten Hag way back at 33/1. I suppose the ‘next’ bit makes it more unlikely - I don’t know if there is a ‘will he be sacked in 22-23’ market but that would perhaps be a better indicator.

Frank Lampard

Current Team: Everton
Appointed: 31.01.22

•   9/2

Ralph Hasenhuttl

Current Team: Southampton
Appointed: 05.12.18

•   5/1

Jesse Marsch

Current Team: Leeds
Appointed: 28.02.22

•   13/2

Brendan Rodgers

Current Team: Leicester
Appointed: 26.02.19

•   9/1

Marco Silva

Current Team: Fulham
Appointed: 01.07.21

•   8/1

Thomas Tuchel

Current Team: Chelsea
Appointed: 26.01.21

•   10/1

Bruno Lage

Current Team: Wolves
Appointed: 09.06.21

•   11/1

Scott Parker

Current Team: Bournemouth
Appointed: 28.06.21

•   11/1

Eddie Howe

Current Team: Newcastle
Appointed: 08.11.21

•   20/1

Steven Gerrard

Current Team: Aston Villa
Appointed: 11.11.21

•   20/1

Mikel Arteta

Current Team: Arsenal
Appointed: 21.12.19

•   20/1

Patrick Vieira

Current Team: C Palace
Appointed: 04.07.21

•   18/1

Steve Cooper

Current Team: Nottm Forest
Appointed: 21.09.21

•   20/1

Thomas Frank

Current Team: Brentford
Appointed: 16.10.18

•   25/1

Graham Potter

Current Team: Brighton
Appointed: 20.05.19

•   25/1

Antonio Conte

Current Team: Spurs
Appointed: 02.11.21

•   20/1

David Moyes

Current Team: West Ham
Appointed: 29.12.19

•   33/1

Erik Ten Hag

Current Team: Man Utd
Appointed: 23.05.22

•   33/1

Jurgen Klopp

Current Team: Liverpool
Appointed: 08.10.15

•   66/1

Pep Guardiola

Current Team: Man City
Appointed: 01.07.16

•   66/1

Strange that Klopp and Guardiola are the same odds? Pep could be sacked if he dared to speak up for human rights, so surely he should be shorter?

He’s more likely to grow a mullet before that happens.

2 Likes

Are you being serious, the guys selective on his causes like some others I can think of.

Based on the financial difficulties at Leicester, I think Brenda will leave by mutual consent early on in the season. He’s made himself look good thanks to the squad he inherited, however, now that he no longer has the tools, he’ll be trying to find a way out before his reputation gets damaged (aka he’s found out as being very limited).

8 Likes

He seems to be preparing that road out, and so do the owners. Really puzzling how they have dead-ended themselves. To be fair to Rodgers, I don’t think any manager would be able to avoid a tumble with what they have. But he is showing more signs of managing his reputation than of managing the situation.

Weirdly, the preseason rankings aren’t reflecting much of that at all. They all seem to have Leicester 6-8, whereas I think the only reason they won’t be in a relegation scrap will be because of the likelihood that we see something like last season - at least 5 or 6 sides that appear ready to go down before them.

2 Likes

Agreed, if they start the season with the squad they have now, minus one or both of Maddison and Tielemans, then top half would represent a miraculous season.

I won’t be sad to see them fall from grace though. Like most people, I was cheering them on during their miracle season, but their recent success has really turned a high proportion of their fanbase into dicks.

3 Likes

My money is on Gerrard to be gone before Christmas…

Interesting…I think Arteta is a cert.

Lampard and Rodgers are the ones that seem most in the spotlight. I doubt Marsch has much room for a bad start either.

2 Likes