The Sackrace Thread

The arse fans I know are expecting big things this season and are confident.

Personally I think Fwanks job is safe, the deluded bitters think he’s something special.

Brendan and Frank seem the most likely to me.
Maybe Hassenhuttl if Southampton struggle.

Arteta has been backed and patience with him won’t last forever, but assuming they are in with a shout of top four, he should be safe to see the season through.

Howe has an easy job, to basically get the richest team in the world up to a respectable station, before presumably they bin him off for a better manager to take them higher, but that won’t be this season… unless they struggle.

Conte and Levy might fight and if so, there’s only one winner there. But I actually think Spurs will give it a good go and perhaps finish third.

Tuchel will be fine for the season, as the new owner won’t want to be trigger happy just yet, as he has a ‘name’ manager in place that he inherited.

Viera looked like he had something about him at Palace.

Stevie G could be an interesting shout for the sack. He didn’t have the full season, but it was a mixed bag. Villa will be hoping for better this time, and they rolled the dice, somewhat, on an up-and-coming manager who might just go on to be a top class manager. Mind you, if he does, the irony is he won’t stay at Villa.

1 Like

I am still bullish on Ten Hag to be gone before Xmas.

Their squad last season was shite, especially midfield and they have not brought in any replacements so will be playing a midfield of McFred which will probably struggle to compete in the Championship so unless they go spending big in a number of positions between now and the window closing they could be in real danger of relegation

You don’t think The Great Brendao isn’t already working his Rolodex after learning there is no money to spend?

1 Like

Possibly, but having also won the FA Cup 2 years back, for a club like Leicester City, that is credit in the bank for a manager, as any sort of trophy is a bonus.

Yeah their fans don’t have a particular issue if they get dragged in then perhaps.

Marco Silva usually drops off a cliff after 18 months so that’s about due?

The Premier title in the bag didn’t help Ranieri?

1 Like

Cunts like Schmeichel, Vardy, Albrighton getting too big for their boots and downing tools is what didn’t help Ranieri

4 Likes

Depends on how long a newly promoted team takes to get a win. :grin:

1 Like

Rodgers , Lamps I guess to start with.

It’s only a matter of time before Rodgers throws his toys out.

Lampard considering its fwank who’s wank and it’s the bitters.

Expect hasenhutl to struggle as well but he’s a pretty good manager who should be able to ensure safety. And I don’t see Southampton getting any one else.

Leeds , Forest and Fulham have decent coaches and really dont expect them to struggle too much.

Arsenal fans will soon realise they’re no longer living in preseason mode.

I’d anyone plummets into the drop zone and wasn’t expected they will be a goner. I can see a few teams wait it out til the World Cup break mind.

16 games, maybe sack one or two games prior but yet I don’t expect any moves before November.

1 Like

Didnt help the manager who won them the league much…and i doubt Ranieri was as big a pain to those at the club.

It will depend on who else is available…

Fair point, but as I pointed out earlier to to someone else, he got screwed over by a number of his players who got to big for their boots and largely downed tools on him after he led them to the league title.

Ranieri spent significant parts of that season in Italy caring for his sick mother. Shakespeare was then left to do even more of the day to day stuff than an assistant normally does. There was a reasonable feeling that they achieved what they did despite Ranieri rather than because of him. By the following season he was able to focus on the team and tried to change a lot and didnt respond to the player’s frustrations at it not working.

1 Like

Shakey was a bit of a snake apparently

I am sure. He seemed a bit of a climber (see taking the England role with Sam), but I think given Ranieri got to a point where he was essentially only there for the games you’ve got to understand why they may have felt more ownership for that title win than you’d normally see.

2 Likes

Maybe that was a winning formula for Claudio - less ‘tinkerman’ more ‘match mister’. Was a lovely story at the time and I find it hard to dislike the guy.

1 Like

Ralph Hasenhuttle first for the high jump.