The Sackrace Thread

#TenHagOUT!

I bloody hope not as iā€™m rather enjoying whats happening at Man Utd at the mo! :wink:

Super Frankie playing with fire again.

2 Likes

Fair play. Iā€™ve never rated Gray, but that was done really nicely. He took that down brilliantly. Awful goal to concede for Forrest though.

Whoops wrong thread.

1 Like

1 point from his 1st 3 games now,

tick tock tick tockā€¦

Stevie in trouble??

:frowning_face:

Hard to see Lampard lasting long this season.

Might need to revise thatā€¦ .

2 Likes

Rodgers must be the favourite but will the club actually do it?

Throwing in Moyes as a dark horse.

Based on respective spendings, Iā€™d say that Gerrard or Moyes are more likely to be sacked soon than Rodgers. If the latter stays calm, his bosses canā€™t really blame him if they donā€™t allow him to go into the player market and at the same time, decide to sell important players from under his nose.

Gerrard and Moyes on the other hand have surely huge expectations hanging over their respective heads, and are far from fulfilling them for the time being. Itā€™s very early in the season and it would be mental from any club to sack a manager right now, but I can see Aston Villa or West Ham doing this if results donā€™t pick up very soon. They have history for it.

Iā€™d say that Gerrard is now one or maximum two defeats away from being sacked. Huge pressure now on him. It will be interesting to see how he copes with it.

3 Likes

Gerrard just bringing in Sarr so I donā€™t think heā€™s under immediate threat.

Wait until Arsenal play a top team. See if they have improved or not.

Think I was the first in here to mention Gerrard before the season started but it is too early.

They have three points already.

If they can stay consistent against the teams they should beat I wouldnā€™t be worried about the ā€œbiggerā€ games if I was an Arsenal fan. Their problem is their tendency to completely collapse under the slightest pressure. (eg: last season when it looked like they had complete control of finishing 4th)

I think we wonā€™t see one til the World Cup break or close too

It seems we have a winner of this seasonā€™s sack race ā€¦

1 Like

one of the sources is a bit dubious

It certainly seems like LCFC are at least considering sacking Rodgers.

The esteemed indykaila also posted this which may ne one reason why he might hang on to his job.

25m pounds! Brendan ā€˜the landlordā€™ Rogers strikes again! He is outstanding at collecting his rent, shows real character.