The Spursy Thread

3 Likes

I thought Mourinho will make Spurs defensively strong. Either this guy has totally lost it or simply joking.

1 Like

When he went to Spurs everyone, apart from Levy, knew Mourinho was not the man for the job. Way past his best. Back in the day, when he used to win stuff, you could almost justify the narcissism and aggravation. But he has been going downhill for a long, long time.

Pochettino was a very good manager. He backed himself into a corner by almost needing to win the CL final against us. He has landed on his feet at PSG.

Levy went for Mourinho, supposedly a safe pair of hands, win a trophy, stabilize the team at or near the top, play in front of a packed new stadium, and yes, if it’s only for three years, fine, we can look for someone else then.

Didn’t work out very well for the cat stroking Bond villain.

1 Like

In fairness they could still win a trophy.

It’s the league cup but it’s still a trophy and when you haven’t won a trophy for as long as them it’s still a pretty big deal to them.

Plus you’ll know the media will jump on the “it was his first trophy he won at Chelsea before all the other trophies followed… blah blah blah

1 Like

There was a few years ago that might have annoyed me, I think they might lose it to avoid the conference league.

I’d be pretty happy with a spurs league cup win.

Will knock off all this nonsense about Man City Quadruple which seems to be a running theme every year

2 Likes

Yeah, at present I OK with whoever wins the CL and domestic cups other than Cheaty.

He used to annoy the hell out of me, nowadays he just amuses me.

2 Likes

Him, Pogba and Ole scrap seems to be like one of those lower card matches that don’t really make a lot of sense and you’d rather just skip it.

4 Likes

I wasn’t thinking. Yes, Spurs win the League Cup to stop the nauseating Man City quadruple talk, though hopefully Chelsea beat them today in the FA Cup too. Can’t stand Chelsea mind, but think even less of Abu Dhabi.

Armed with the League Cup Mourinho might stay on at Spurs, where he is surely damaging them, as there are reports Kane wants out and others will too.

2 Likes

Yeah, Spurs winning the Energy Drinks Cup will bring so much goodness to the world. :pray:

2 Likes

In the Super League and they don’t have a clue how and why - no shit, they have £30m to spare to fire Mourinho.

:joy:

3 Likes

Jose sacked then - too soon for me.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/12225544/jose-mourinho-leaves-tottenham-hotspur

3 Likes

Please appoint Tactics Tim Sherwood or someone equally out of their depth.

2 Likes

I’ve just heard the news, I have not expected that, but we are living in crazy times.

3 Likes

Ryan Mason is the manager until the end of the season.
Such a strange sacking considering theres a cup final soon.

3 Likes

That’s about the right decision, I think it demonstrates that they actually don’t care they’ve got the success, they’ve achieved what they want.

Fantastic PR move by Mourinho, I don’t suck it one bit.

:joy:

The decision to hire Mourinho was the stupid one (and not just by Spurs) not sacking him, yet teams keep making the same mistake over and over again, not sure why.

1 Like

Whatever we think of Mourinho, he was an excellent manager and outside of football a nice person who does alot for charity. I think he walked because he doesn’t like this super European stupid league.
He had a very challenging job to do at Spurs. His management style and man management has not worked out.

Good luck to Jose.

1 Like