The Spursy Thread

Has he walked then? Could see others today, He knows he can get a job anywhere to be honest.

2 Likes

Nagelsmann is suppose to take over at Bayern. Hasenhüttl, anyone!!!

no he was sacked. he didnt walk.

2 Likes

:joy::upside_down_face:

12 Likes

That’s a really stupid decision days before a cup final when you’ve got one of the best managers in knockout tournaments.

4 Likes

Maybe if he won the trophy it would be harder to get rid of him.

4 Likes

Yeah they must had inserted some trophy related clause just for giggles :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

They haven’t won a trophy for hundreds of years imagine the celebrations and then to turn around and sack the special once. :joy:

6 Likes

You can’t think his bonus for winning it is that high but who knows. For all the cleverness of Levy he has made some dumb decisions.

2 Likes

The timing of this is a bit strange. The week Spurs are due to play in a cup final and there’s only a few games left until the end of the season. Why not just sack him when the season’s over? I believe there’s something else behind this. I know there are rumours that Mourinho had a row with Levy about the Super League decision and Levy sacked him on the spot. How true that is, I don’t know.

2 Likes

It seems a really odd decision, I assume Jose will tell us all about it soon mind.

4 Likes

I wonder whether it has something to do with that breakaway league.

Reports saying not but I can just imagine Mourinho spinning it exactly that way regardless.

2 Likes

I cant see why the Super League decision would be something that would lead Mourinho to take issue with Levy. He doesn’t strike me as someone who would care.

The simpler and more likely answer is failure and cost. Levy has sacked quite a few managers in his time at the club and I don’t know if many of them spent more than Jose. What sign of progress is there?

2 Likes

Zero. Not only that, I’m not sure he’s really done much to stamp his personality on the group. Look at one of the Everton goals from the weekend - a quick counter from Everton exposing a spurs side that had both FBs pressing up close to the Everton box. It’s not only there have not been objective improvements, its that Im not sure I can put a finger on what they’re trying to do or whether the players are buying his methods.

1 Like

Can’t fucking stand Jose but he was the least detestable thing at spurs.

11 Likes
7 Likes

Nice story, Ryan Mason. Has his head fractured by a clash with Gary Cahill, what, three years ago? Now he’s the youngest man ever to take charge of a PL side. Well in, lad. Breath of fresh air his cherubic face must be to men who’ve been staring into the coldly acidic Portuguese face for nearly two years.

12 Likes

Yeah. Dont know how much people on here knew me at the time, but hating on Gary Cahill was a passion of mine back then as he exemplified the blind spot there is in the game for how dangerous reckless aerial challenges can be. Five or six times a season I’d spit with anger saying “he’s going to fucking kill someone and he doesnt even get booked for it” and then he eventually ends Mason’s career with a textbook case of a challenge that if it was a tackle and not an attempted header would have seen an automatic 3 game ban and likely instigating a bench clearing brawl.

7 Likes

Gotta say I thought he came across really well in that Spurs all or nothing

2 Likes