The Spursy Thread

Especially when they sell Son to us. I think he’ll be gone, if Kane leaves.

3 Likes

That’s why I’m hoping he goes to ManU - so he can win an occasional Europa League trophy.

3 Likes

I admire Shearer for going to Newcastle and turning down Manure.
Preferred to play for his hometown team rather than for Taggart.

1 Like

If Spurs invest this money wisely it might come out like one of those deals that you think looks like it would hurt and yet doesn’t. Was a few spells under Ponchettino he was missing and they looked better.

He Always rushes himself back so I can see him probably having to retire at about 33-34.

Though I would say this has been his best season for them with his assist record.

Knowing Spurs they will cash the money in h to e bank and buy a guy from league 1.

He should never have returned for that CL final, yeah I totally get why he did but he hurt them.

1 Like

I think he actually turned down Utd when he moved from Southampton to Blackburn, because Blackburn offered him more money.

1 Like

It was the summer in the lead up to the first Prem season. At that point Utd hadnt won the league for 20+ years. It was far more of an even sporting consideration at that time that we might remember with the hindsight of what Utd went on to become.

2 Likes

Didn’t Levy say something about wanting to see exciting, attacking football back at Spurs again? Nuno doesn’t really fit that profile of manager. Dunno if they are in a position to attract anybody better mind.

3 Likes

Gareth Southgate.

2 Likes

He rejected Taggart twice. First to sign for Blackburn and again when he signed for Newcastle.

1 Like

Spurs need a rebuild. Short term fidgeting and fixing won’t do it. Most of their players are either average or aging.

1 Like

Why have they all of a sudden bombed out Ndombele? Thought he was one of the few players who actually performed under Mourinho. Far superior player to both Alli and Winks.

Have you got a link? I’v Googled it but ca’t find anything? :nerd_face:

Putting Moura and Bale on at 68’ doomed Leicester. They couldn’t cope. How about just leave Ryan Mason in the post. Got them into Europe. He represents genuine value!

2 Likes

Ironically we said Leicester looked drained, glad they won the cup because I bet for a second season in a row that’s gutting.

2 Likes

Good old Arry! Doing his bit to make sure we qualify for the Champions League, before he signs for us in the summer.

2 Likes

Excited Season 2 GIF by The Office

2 Likes

Spurs need to think about paying loan back before the splash cash this is why Kane wants out knows won’t be much investment.

1 Like

It’s why I said If… evidently they won’t be able to invest that.

1 Like

I was just about to find out what this new Europe Conference League is,
and then I found this…

:thinking::joy::joy::rofl:

10 Likes

To be fair it will be better than watching Spurs.

Jonathan Pearce has just been reading out some teams, only one I recognised was Honka to be fair.

3 Likes