The Spursy Thread

That’s too Spursy.

2 Likes

Galtier for manager?

1 Like

He is too Nice :wink:

No way… Right?! Why would he want to leave PSG for Tottenham at this moment?!

6 Likes

Conte to spurs i reckon, a Kaneless spurs will sink like a fucking brick whoever goes to the toilet bowl.

5 Likes

Weird because Ajax activated Ten Hag’s +1 clause.

I’d be very careful if I was Poch over going back to Spurs. Maybe stick at PSG for at least one more season, put the league title right, win a few more trophies and then look at his options.

Him at Spurs was a nice story, perhaps there’s part II sometime around the corner, but now they’re in real difficulty and he has more control over his destiny.

8 Likes

He may get no control over decisions at PSG and the squad egos may be a pain.

If he is promised cash and more control over transfers I can see why returning may appeal to him.

Spurs are struggling to find a suitable candidate and they gave Mourinho cash they refused to give Poch and it didn’t work out well.

1 Like

Apparently Poch considering going back to Spurs…

Obviously realised winning trophies is not his style

6 Likes

As unlikely as it it, after tongue to big finally leaves Spurs, I’d like us to go for Son. He’s a player I think would fit in well at Liverpool, although we don’t really need another fast wide forward type…

3 Likes

To be honest I don’t think the money will be there again, these returns are rarely the right thing to do and he didn’t particularly go out on a high.

4 Likes

I think Pochettino has calculated his return to Spurs.

1. Kane will be sold. But nobody will blame him for that and rightly so. But he will get the benefit of doubt for a weakened squad.

2. Spurs will be playing good football again and that will be an instant and visible improvement.

3. Spurs has been dogshit this season and it’s not difficult to do better than that. So even a fifth/sixth place finish will be seen as improvement.

4. I think he has realized that he wasn’t ready for the expectations and challenges PSG presents, at least not at the moment. So a reunion with Spurs will not only give him an escape route, but it will also allow him to repair his reputation.

3 Likes

Much of that was driven by frustration at Levy’s inability to move players like Eriksen out at the right time. That left Poch with little in the way of money or squad space to refresh the team.

Your probably right, second time rarely works out, but I think this could be one that is different if Levy is a little bit more accommodating which is a concession that Poch can probably get from him in order to return.

1 Like

I agree with the rest of the post, but not the bit about expectations. Rather the challenges and perhaps lack of input are conditions he has to work under but prefers not to. Its probably quite a toxic work environment between players and also with the director of football ( Leonardo?).

At Spurs one can assume he will get a lot more freedom than he has now, and had before.

1 Like

If he walks away from PSG now after quite underperforming and goes back to Tottenham to ‘play better football’ and fight to miss out on fourth for a couple of seasons then he’s finished as an upcoming ‘top manager’. If he wants to leave PSG he’s mad not to look for the United job. More time for ‘his project’, better players and more transfer budget. I think he knows he doesn’t have it and I expect within a couple of seasons so will we all.

2 Likes

Is Spurs rehire Poch (a manager who hasn’t won anything of note) then it will quite possibly be the most Spursy thing they’ve ever done.

1 Like

Career wise it’s a no brainer to stay at PSG. This season has been a blip where Lille won the league. Next season PSG will win it no problem. It’s a guaranteed league win almost and why not stay on to get that first win as a manager. If he comes back to spurs he surely won’t win the league.
Personally wise he’s only considering the spurs job because his family is still living in London.

But no rivals can say he never won a trophy. :upside_down_face:

I do t get why PSG would allow him to leave and I also don’t get why he would want to leave.

Ok he finished 2nd but he had that team for 5 months.

Of course should have won it but it would be ridiculous for them to want him to be leaving

Pudgytino misses the good old English pies.

2 Likes