The Spursy Thread

It will be the most Spursy thing Poch has ever done.

We used to say that there was a specific profile of a Spurs player - they needed better players to get them to the next level, but those players refused to go to Spurs they were locked into continually buying “Spurs” players and never getting any better. Poch, leaving a CL contending side after a few months and going back to a club whose problems have not been fixed and are arguably worse, would mark him as a real Spurs manager.

1 Like

Equally, you don’t get much credit for winning the title with a club like PSG…

1 Like

Probably because most people outside France don’t give a toss. I bet a lot of people would struggle to name 6 clubs, who play in League 1.

Couldn’t even do that this season mind.

Poch should steer clear of Spurs. It won’t be as good as first time round for him.

He has a good job at PSG. Regroup, win the French title, see how far you can go in the CL next season. If he wants to look elsewhere at that point, have at it.

But for now, the timing seems wrong, especially with going back to Spurs. Choppy waters there, I think, and they will be well off top four for a while.

I don’t know if the PSG job is that good. There is often a lot of friction between the coaches and the Footballing Director (Leonardo?). Add the reported friction between Neymar and Mbappe, and that everyone expects you to win the league regardless of what else happens.

1 Like

If it happens it must go down as the biggest fukc up of all time, sacking him and given Jose the job only to sack him and pay him millions and then bring Pochettino back.

1 Like

Haha, key point is at PSG he will have Neymar and Mbappe while at Spurs he might not even have Kane. Not sure I’m trading UCL for EL with no budget and the North London rain. Been there, done that!

2 Likes

What you’ve also slummed it in rainy London on less than 10m? Or you’ve managed in the EL with a small(er) budget after training Kylian and Cry more? Have you just let your real identity slip? :face_with_raised_eyebrow::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

Ahem, its not the EL though is it? Its the UECL UEFA Europa Conference League. They wish that they were in the EL. :joy::nerd_face:

4 Likes

A couple of pundits saying Spursy should go for Dominic Calvin Lewin if Arry gets sold!

1 Like

I’m sure Spurs fans would be ecstatic, if that happened.:joy:

2 Likes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vff_FvpUkMg

Well my money…
is definitely on that guy in the audience at 0:48 - 0:51 @ 1:05 + 1:20 being Jose Mourinho.!
:flushed:

1 Like
2 Likes

Typical, Poch resigns from PSG for Spurs, only to find out they want Conte. But so do PSG. :rofl:

7 Likes

talks ongoing about potential project

We all know what that project is, work miricles for nothing, and if you fail to have the Midus touch, we’ll sack you off like an old pair of jocks

1 Like

Spurs going Franco Baldini part II.

1 Like
3 Likes

You would have thought they had had enough of burning their fingers with Mourinho.

3 Likes

Oh dear

The Italian, however, was unconvinced that the conditions exist to win trophies at Spurs.

9 Likes