The Spursy Thread

11 Likes

Seems to be trophies, I assume the funds won’t be available after all.

1 Like

If you are a manager or player who wants to win trophies you don’t go to Spurs

5 Likes

Seems it might be transfer funds, I’d be surprised if there was any considering that stadium.

1 Like

Yes,

They are the new Arsenal in respect of "no transfer funds because they have to pay for a shiney new stadium”

Something tells me they’ll have around 150m to spend when the transfer window opens. They’ll probably spend 50million of that on Kane’s replacement and spend the other 100m updating the wifi in the stadium. Hahaha

1 Like

It’s basically going be reinvest half of the Kane money

1 Like

Who will Spurs turn to now? It’s been 7 weeks since Mourinho was sacked and they’re back to square one, in their search. Big Sam and little Sammy? That would be quite funny.

2 Likes

Klopp could go there and sell Son to Liverpool and then come to us before pre season, fucking genius.

9 Likes

Too complicated.

Klopp would be like; Son, you are a great player, we are a great club, do the math, son. :sunglasses:

4 Likes

:joy:

Conte the legend.

I’d pay serious money to see him try and manage Real with Perez above him and those egomaniacs in the dressing room.

Would be gone quicker than Rafa.

5 Likes

It’s always funny to laugh at Spurs but Conte’s got a nerve complaining about transfer spend. How many clubs are going to have much money to spend in a pandemic? For almost everyone it’s going to be wheeling and dealing and sell to buy. In Spurs case that will probably mean sell Kane and reinvest most of it, maybe not all, in rebuilding the squad. This is when a manager can prove how good he is. Managers like Conte just want it all laid out on a plate for them.

3 Likes

The situation is worse for the spuds. Not only do they have to contend with the financial impact of the pandemic, they have a big brand new (and empty) stadium to pay for.

I suspect most, if not all the money they raise from selling Kane will go on repayments to their stadium loans.

So their new manager will probably have to resort to finding some outstanding free transfers / loan deals.

Not something that would appeal to Conte. :thinking:

4 Likes

Deffo on a sell to buy and I reckon it won’t fully available.

Conte might be a bit rich in that but if our finance is a bit iffy there one must be a horror to look at.

1 Like

I can’t see Levy letting Kane go this year. They would be absolutely fucked without him.

1 Like

Harry Kane is obviously a class player but they did OK when he was out for a while. Son took more responsibility.

What I don’t understand is the sacking of Mourinho. What changed in Levy’s expectations? I mean don’t get me wrong I don’t understand why they hired him in the first place, but once they had why get rid especially with no plan on how to replace him.

Mourinho wasn’t going to win them the league, who could with their set up at the moment? But I wouldn’t have bet against them winning a trophy under his management.

As regards Conté, he’s a poor man’s Pep Guardiola.

They thought they were going to be in the ESL and would have a big cash windfall from that… and of course, being one of the big 12, they expected to have a queue of managers creaming over themselves to take the job.

2 Likes

The era of Free Signings incoming???

What an horrific appointment……

2 Likes

I know literally nothing about this bloke, what’s his deal?