The Spursy Thread

It’s not one I’ve heard, possibly as everyone and their mother is being linked I missed it, happy to be corrected but fact remains we probably aren’t in any race but it will get some of the idiots over on twitter frothing that we are missing out on signings to Spurs while linking the article and generating more hits.

3 Likes

Wow. Forgot about him. Was there a bigger PL splat in the last ten years? Jozy Altidore for Sunderland comes to mind after tearing up the Eredivisie.

1 Like

Spurs also bought Vincent Jansen.

Others include Benteke, Morata, Kepa (worlds most expensive keeper…).

2 Likes

Spurs have had some pretty terrible strikers over the years.

Mido!

It was Spurs that made them terrible.

4 Likes

15 Likes

Gosh. Really?

9 Likes

I wonder if he would still consider a move to Arsenal?

1 Like

I’d take him as a back up if he wasn’t a dick

1 Like

He’d still give Rafa better quality transfers in general though. Even if he spent 2/3rds of what he gave Mou , that still makes a good spend.

But Spurs would be wise to cash in on Kane. 100M plus some players.

1 Like

I’m not sure the offer quoted was £100m + players, but £100m cash or including players if Spurs prefer. Negotiation may see it become £100m + players though…?

Fat Sam is sitting there ramming popcorn into his tubby face and grinning.

80M plus Laporte + Jesus might be a good deal for spurs.

Gets them a good defender and a proven premier league striker.

1 Like

Finished it for you

2 Likes

Barca want Laporte, and he’s one Stones fuck up/hamstring tweak away from being first choice again. Why would he possibly consider Spurs.

Can’t see Jesus thinking his Brazil prospects are too well supported by playing regularly for a midtable side not competing in Europe either. They’ve already got Richarlson filling that role :rofl:

1 Like

I think Barca first have to sell Umtiti, which they haven’t been able to for the last 3 years… and then probably also think about Lenglet (their first choice LCB), before trying to get Laporte.

:joy:

1 Like

Their current salary commitments are about 180% of the La Liga salary cap, and that is before factoring in a pay raise for Messi. So yeah they’ve got an enormous amount of work to do, especially because two of their highest earners (Umtiti and Dembele) are so badly ravaged by injuries that surely no one will take them. But Barca typically find a (loophole) way.

2 Likes
5 Likes

What’s the story with Sterling …A fall out with Pep , poor season , Foden breaking through … all of the above ?