The Spursy Thread

He and Pep have insinuated there have been some off field issues he’s had to deal with but haven’t elaborated. He’s no doubt been comparatively off form relative to recent seasons, but Pep certainly hasn’t said anything I’ve seen that would indicate he is anything but a big part of his plans for next season.

1 Like

Dunno. Couldn’t find more info on it. That article also indicates they might be willing to part with Jesus as part of the deal, which also seems odd. Have the Arabs run out of slush cash?

Alladross would only need to pour a 10mm deep layer of gravy in the bathtub…
Once he squeezed his Fat Arse in, it would come up to his neck!!! :0)

2 Likes

Spurs now approaching managers I vaguely remember seeing but wouldn’t have a clue what they are called.

I have a guess that there is very little money being made available maybe not even half of the Kane funds.

3 Likes

I think managers are beginning to realize how difficult it is to work with Levy, and that’s after realizing one of you main assets will be sold, and you will only get a % of the money to reinvest back into the squad.

1 Like

More like Pep deciding he wants an upgrade.

Crystal Palace seem to have done a number on them by being close to appointing Lucien Favre.

2 Likes

From Hodgson to Favre would be some radical evolution for Palace. Could be the first sacking of the season.

1 Like

Not really , Palace will have to let go of quite a few players and Favre is well equipped to getting the youth on board. He won’t do great the first season , but the second will be the one to watch out for.

4 Likes

It’s shocking for me. I am quite delighted the manager search has been a complete train wreck and caused public ridicule for their club, but I am also mildly surprised it has dragged on this far. It’s still a London club, with a beautiful new stadium, and quality players. Even if someone were to treat it as a “stepping stone” job, my own perception is that it’s a nice job to have on a managerial CV.

All that said, I agree with you Matty, there’s likely much more going on behind the scenes and whoever gets the appointment will be extremely limited in what they can spend.

1 Like

That’s what I’m saying, it will be some overhaul. The fans might need time to get used to the new style and if results aren’t encouraging in the early period they will get restless.

Have a feeling Palace was preparing for this. Hodgson leaving and a host of senior players released can’t be coincidence.

1 Like

Probably not, but I thought Nuno has been their original target?

1 Like

Not Favre in particular. I meant a shift from Hodgson era/style. Nuno is a modern manager too.

Their first option was Nuno but Favre to them is a better deal. He improves the players in the youth setup rather than relying on his pal Mendes to give him players etc…

I still think Favre is defensively naïve fwiw , but that’s to the benefits of teams in the top 3-4.

I’m predicting that Favre won’t make it to the end of the season.

6 Likes

In recognizance of his frailties , I think he will even if he gets Palace relegated.

Just saying , won’t be a bad thing getting relegated and then using the time in the championshp to get rid of quite a few underachievers while still using the solidarity payments etc etc… and then getting back up with a decent squad…

I dont know who has been released but I would think a number of them could do a job for a modern manager. The issue has probably been cost, age and fitness…

1 Like

You have a point.

Cahill, Clyne, Hennessey, Sakho, Townsend, Van Aanholt, Wickham, among others.

1 Like