The Spursy Thread

except van anholt for free , hardpass

2 Likes

that in itself could be a fun thread.

1 Like
11 Likes

Connor Wickham is up there with the worst strikers I’ve seen in the PL.

2 Likes

We’ve had a few mind but ye there have been some terrible ones

I raise you a ‘mad’ Erik Meijer. Having him upfront against Man Utd was terrible; remember just hoping Titi Camara would get the ball and hope he could fluke something.

1 Like

Favre has ruled himself out of the Palace job. His reasons would indicate that he wouldnt consider the Spurs job either (needs more a break and not ready to jump into a new league with a new language), but if I was Spurs I’d be beating down his door trying to see how firmly he believes those things.

3 Likes

What a start to the summer for Tottenham, Everton and Palace. They just can’t sort out the most important sporting position in a club.

2 Likes

I raise you with a pony tailed Andriy Voronin.

6 Likes

Maybe I should clarify that “I saw in the flesh”, I spent 30 minutes of a mind numbing Palace game in which they put four crosses in and he was miles outside the box.

When he got to one it hit him and went wide. Yohana Cabaye played for them at the time, still baffles me how they got him as he was miles better than the entire side.

2 Likes

Jovanovic :blush:

He’s at least the reason for one of my favourite youtube tribute videos though

11 Likes

Voronin was a much better footballer than Meijer, as was Jovanovic. Meijer couldn’t do anything really; he was supposed to be good in the air but all we saw was sometimes he won a header outside the box. Truly appalling.
If memory serves me correctly in that season Meijer started games ahead of (an albeit returning from injury) Michael Owen. Thankfully he was so shit that we bought the great Emile Heskey - and no he really was Messi level great compared to Meier.

1 Like

Only remember one time I saw Meijer and he basically had two touches the entire 30 mins he was on and they were on the half way line

Always thought it was Meijer

His namesake, Conor Sammon, takes the crown for me. The least technically gifted adult footballer I’ve ever see.

2 Likes

BREAKING: Tottenham are in talks with recently unemployed Matt Hancock over their vacant managerial position.

11 Likes

Shame there was not a d in his surname it would sound more appropriate.

3 Likes

Tear Up Matt Hancock GIF by GIPHY News

2 Likes

Spurs are becoming a laughing stock.

1 Like