The Spursy Thread

1 Like

Spurs come as much close to winning as I to Jennifer Lawrence. Just a few thousand miles away.

2 Likes

Hasn’t Levy backed away from the playing finances a little recently? Pretty sure I saw they’d hired a Director of some description.

I’m just going by what I observed on All or Nothing. Levy was really in a neurotic way when the pandemic began to hit and was stressing about lost revenue. The lady on the board kept telling him to calm down but he wasn’t very comfortable.

6 Likes
2 Likes

I know you like Mourinho, while he is the manager I like the least in the entire world, because he is cruel and super ego-centrical and goes out of his way to insult and hurt people , but it is a travesty that Levi opens a big purse for Mourinho when the one that took them almost all the way to the top and built a nice team that played good football, was kicked in the teeth by the same man.

3 Likes

Been thinking about that too Magnus. Excellent post, I couldn’t agree more and that’s been one of the oddest things for me to connect the dots while watching this series. Why Levy didn’t accord Poch the same resource to get to where they all wanted to be.

1 Like

One of the big takeaways I took from the Spurs documentary series is how much reputation Mourinho is still cashing in on (literally).

I think the reaction of the players – as well as from Levy in particular – of this awed/fearful reverence was very telling. I don’t remember who mentioned it here or on TIA, but it confirms the impression that many footballers don’t actually watch very much football. “He’s won trophies at every club” is repeated endlessly and left un-interrogated.

3 Likes

Say what you will, but I’d be worried about a front 3 of Bale, Kane, and Son… if it was 2016.

5 Likes

I am confused as to how Spurs line up with Delle Alli and Bale playing at the same time. I know their positions dont seem connected but having Bale means someone has to sit out . I spoke to a spurs fan and he thinks Alli has been too inconsistent and will probably be replaced in the squad. Meaning Hojberg, Lo Celso and Ndombele might be their preferred starting midfield moving foward.

I think 4231 is more likely with alli sitting behind Kane, and Son and Bale on the wings, with Lo Celso and Hojberg in midfield…

Dele has been poor for at least 2 years now.

1 Like
2 Likes

I never did get the hype with him , nor the hand-wringing from some Liverpool fans when we ‘missed out’ on him. He always struck me as a flash little fucker with a bad attitude problem.

3 Likes

Alli might have benefited from Klopp, he would have grounded him or shipped him out by now.

3 Likes

Bale is to wear the number 9 shirt this season, apparently.

3 Likes

He’ll probably play more golf than football mate,FIFY!!

8 Likes

If Bale can get fit and help Spurs get into the CL spots, even if he leaves after this season, it will be a success.

My gut feeling is that he won’t be able to stay fit.

2 Likes

Hé will be holding his hamstring after 5 min of his first game for them maybe run a sweepstake as to how long he would last?

2 Likes

Might be useful on a free kick and the last 20, problem is Jose needs to get to that last 20 without going at least 1 or 2 goals behind.

4 Likes