The Spursy Thread

It is surprising, but I don’t think Conte would go there, unless they offered him a ridiculous salary. Even then, I think he would consider it too big a job to turn them around. There’s a strong possibility, Newcastle will be relegated this season also.

probably again the level they would be looking at initially. Like players, not many world class managers will come at this moment. Take a good manager with a good track record in building teams, get a good of couple of seasons in, improving on each season until they can start getting into European places consistently, or winning domestic cups along the way, then they can start looking at moving a level up. Even Man City had to live with Mark Hughes for 1.5 seasons before appointing Mancini. Emery had a pretty good record outside of England so he might relish the chance to correct that blemish in his record.

1 Like

Conte joins and immediately rumoured to have 150mil to spend which if true, is an insult to Nuno and also an evidence pointing that he was never the first few choices anyway.

1 Like

No way would Levy commit to providing £150 million. I’ve no doubt he’s told Conte there will be funds available, but he’s to tight to promise a huge figure like that.

1 Like

What a weird, disfunctional turn of events.

1 Like

Antonio Conte on why he changed his mind about Spurs: “The contagious enthusiasm and determination of Daniel Levy in wanting to entrust me with this task had already hit the mark. Now that the opportunity has returned, I have chosen to take it with great conviction.”

Right. We believe you…

I’ve no doubt his representatives wrote that for him.

Contagious enthusiasm or understated megalomania?

Klopp, Pep, Tuchel, Conte and Ole - Some top managers in PL now!

2 Likes

77 major trophies across 20 PL managers right now.

Though Pep is far ahead with 26 with Rafa second with 9.

It was probably even higher when both Pep and Jose were here.

2 Likes

Emery maybe when he joins will add a few and Ancelotti earlier could have skewed that number more.

Yeah, we’ll see if he takeover at Newcastle, but Emery would add another 9.

Spurs are apparently paying him 15m per year…

His quotes are quite revealing - and artfully crafted, if they are his own words: they clearly convey that he doesn’t think much of the team - especially their mentality.

I am extremely happy to return to coaching, and to do so at a Premier League club that has the ambition to be a protagonist again,” said Conte, who won Serie A with Internazionale last season. “Tottenham Hotspur has state-of-the-art facilities and one of the best stadiums in the world.

“I can’t wait to start working to convey to the team and the fans the passion, mentality and determination that have always distinguished me, as a player and as a coach.

1 Like

Klopp said from doubters to believers, so it’s something usual. It’s one of Conte’s main strengths, to create a compact unit, disciplined, physically and mentally strong.

Pep wins ‘tit-tles’ not trophies and I certainly wouldn’t call many of them ‘major’.

And then Contw fucks it up by pissing off the owners/boards by complaining he does not get the players he wants.

He’s got about 10 league cups hasn’t he?

Not this year though!

1 Like

Same number of League Cups (4) as Bob Paisley.

:slight_smile:

My comment was very much tongue in cheek!

1 Like

poking the bear there mate…

1 Like