The Spursy Thread

Maybe it sets up nicely for Mason and his 57.1% winning record as Spurs manager. He gets a chance against MU on Thursday and knows not to try four at the back.

1 Like

I don’t think Levy has gone far enough. I think he should sack everyone who works at the club, including the players. IT’S TIME HE FUCKING MANNED UP.

Someone nearby please help this submarine. He’s been possessed by the ghost of a Spurs supporter.

They couldn’t keep the simmering rage of Conte harnessed until the end of the season. He might have got them top four, hard to say.

Anyway, what a shower they have become.

Kane is on a slow burn to meltdown too, I reckon. Since Levy stopped his pre-Haaland City dream, I think Kane is going to go on a Bosman to stick a 100M dagger in. He has wasted his career there, so one more season won’t make a difference.

He will get a huge signing bonus somewhere, and have a chance of a trophy or two before he retires.

I don’t think he has time to feck about. He’s already 29 and will be 30 by the start of next season.

1 Like

Man Utd then or Chelsea.

You are probably right, the clock is ticking on his top level career. I think he will go to 34/35 at a similar level to now. He isn’t about blistering pace, and as he has aged he has added more nous to his game, and he drops deep to look for the ball and link it up, before going higher to finish it off.

Still, I sort of have in the back of my mind that with a year left, teams won’t pay the money that will move Levy to sell, and/or Kane is fuming at a mismanaged Spurs, and will leave them 100M short when he leaves on a Bosman.

It will be interesting to see what way it goes.

They won’t get 100m for him.

Unless Chelsea go bonkers again.

Maybe Newcastle? Could be a statement signing for them.

2 Likes

Money isn’t the issue and it’s a step up for both the parties.

Newcastle are fine I think with Isak and Wilson covering the #9 spot. Maybe not long term, although Isak looks promising, but for the next season.

They’ll probably look for improvements for other positions.

United certainly makes sense stylistically. They need a #9 who can score, but also hold the ball up, combine, play back to goal.

And Kane, especially entering his 30’s will need mobility, pace, directness around him, which United can provide. Spurs are badly missing creativity from midfield these days, so it will be helpful that he doesn’t have to drop that deep at United (even if in my opinion they do need a new partner alongside Casemiro).

Whether it happens this summer or in one of the next two windows after that, I just don’t see how he stays at Spurs. IF he does, they can consider themselves very, very lucky.

United will hope he can provide about 4 top seasons (which means until he’s 33) and so far there’s no reason why he can’t do it. A few years ago he had a few issues which raised a question mark over his longetivity once he gets into his 30’s, but I think it’s all fine and not too late for one last big move somewhere. To continue being successful as an individual, but start being part of a winning group.

They won the Kangaroo Cup :face_with_peeking_eye:

3 Likes

Many things that are difficult to predict in football over the next couple of years. City are the only consistent contender up top for years now. We come second after that. The rest, we’ll see.

If he feels United have a better chance of winning some things than Tottenham, that’s fair enough. It works both ways, the two sides will believe they can help each other win certain things and get closer to the biggest ones.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

Richarlison. :grinning::grinning:

1 Like

5 Likes

https://twitter.com/CF_Compss/status/1655687518413570049?t=NnzDR_EAEO3PHTYKpIxiIw&s=19

1 Like

Is that really Antonio? :joy:

And callum wilson :sweat_smile: