The subs, do we have a problem?

A wonderful squad depth problem to have, when did this happen?

With everyone fit, here is who would be missing from the match day squad.

Ox
Jota
Joe
Shaq
Matip

Honourable mentions to…
Brewster
Elliot
Neco

No problem it just gives us more options in the Cup games.
Plus a few may still be moved on.

1 Like

Jota doesn’t miss the matchday squad when everyone’s fit, surely…?

A fully fit and on form matchday 18 is this, imo

XI: Alisson, Trent, Gomez, VvD, Robertson, Henderson, Thiago, Keita, Salah, Firmino, Mané

Subs: Adrian, Fabinho, Tsimikas, Wijnaldum, Jones, Minamino, Jota

On the outside looking in:
Kelleher, Karius, Williams, Matip, Milner, AOC, Shaqiri, Grujic, Wilson, Origi, Elliott, Brewster

7 Likes

He definitely doesn’t, that’s what I am getting at. That’s quite a list of players on the outside looking in. We went from posts on TIA complaining about squad depth, to this, in record time.

I don’t follow you then because in your OP you said he does…?

I confuse myself sometimes, and I might still be. The list was everyone of significance that is currently missing from the squad(today) So Jota misses because of registration, and definitely makes the squad when available.

The first XI is looking dodgy, the goalkeeper is shit and the bench is a disgrace.

Oh no… wait, I was looking at my fantasy team.

Carry on.

12 Likes

From this week on we are playing 3 times a week for months and months. There will be no problem in giving everybody enough playtime.

4 Likes

tl;dr

Everyone in the PL, CL and FA Cup is playing for second place.

1 Like

So you think we’ll lose in the League Cup?

Bloody pessimist…

3 Likes

SBYM out!!!

4 Likes

What took you so long? Been trying since 2016 to get on the ban list.

:roll_eyes:

1 Like

And I think the club would be happy to move on seven of those given the right offer, so I don’t think it’s a problem.

1 Like

I feel we will be keeping one of them. But yeah, the focus is now on offloading the surplus so that we don’t have any surplus to have any problem.

3 Likes

Hoisted by my own petard…

Is this the end of SBYM??

3 Likes

Ok, changed my mind. Keep them till the next transfer window, depending on how they have fared in the lower cups. Sort of like gladiator, if you perform beyond your level, you get to live here.

Is this the new midfield conundrum thread? This is a serious jinx. All of you, touchwood. @Alright_Now touch your head.

4 Likes

For me Jones doesn’t get on the bench in front of AOC or Shaq.

In the future possibly but not yet

1 Like

We will move a few on and every player knows if they put in the effort then Klopp will consider them.