The Summer Olympics, this time in Paris

Sometimes those using VAR are the ones trying actively to get rid of it.

Here we go again in football thanks to the wonderful chaos creating VAR.

Players crowding the ref when he is trying to talk through his headset.

Handball or foul first.

Checking the screen in front of a pro French crowd. Players getting in the way. Poor ref.

Subjective. 10 minute delay.

VAR is a joke. But well done ref for staying with original call of no pen.

1 Like

Kind of amusing it’s Henry who has been done out of it :joy:

Nothing particularly wrong with the highlighting or decision. It’s the fact it took so long. Again it’s the people using it.

1 Like

Rare a ref doesn’t overturn after looking at screen. Great call stay with original decision amidst incredible pressure and maniac behaviour of coaches and players.

https://x.com/OlympicsContext/status/1820518053945414110

I thought this was kinda beautiful. Nice to be reminded that many of these athletes, at the Olympics or beyond, are still just awkward, eager kids.

3 Likes

There was footage from yesterday of Suni Lee, as the veteran, coaching the other two gymnasts on the podium how to pose for the cameras. It was so endearing.

3 Likes

https://www.news.com.au/sport/olympics/my-dreams-are-shattered-concerning-photos-emerge-of-disqualified-indian-wrestler-vinesh-phogat/news-story/dc84fee18ea8360d92ed1b99465c6089

Whilst I get that weight limits are in place and are part of the rules, there have been so many stories about all the different sports where weight can be set being abused and putting athletes health at risk trying to make weight.

You hear so many stories about boxers, jockies really pushing themselves hard to make a weight limit and use unsafe practices to do so. Maybe it is time to rethink how the weight limit is observed to ensure both the safety of athletes and the rules regarding weights are taken into account equally.

1 Like

Olympics star shows Paris 2024 medal deteriorating after a week: ‘Looks like it went to war and back’

Bronze Medal

It has either been to war and back, OR, fell into the Seine :0)

2 Likes
2 Likes

Ibou, doesnt matter the sport he’s only interested in defending :joy:

1 Like

I have some friends who traditionallyhave hated football for American reasons but the last couple of years have made a real effort to understand it. I met them for lunch today to watch the men’s final. It’s currently 4-3 to Spain and we’ve somehow managed to miss all 7 goals

1 Like

It’s like when Henry VIII started skimping

3 Likes

Glückwunsch Deutschland!! :clap:t3: :clap:t3:

2 Likes

The US somehow have a storied history of dominance in the Men’s 4x100 yet also a very well earned reputation for being awful at it. With the exception of the Bolt era for Jamaica there has never been another team in my life who could match them for horsepower, yet they have only won it a couple of times. If they are not crashing out by failing to get the baton around they are finishing behind an objectively slower set of runners who just exchanged the baton better than they did.

The frume here today over yesterday’s fuck up is amusing for how utterly predictable that performance from them was.

1 Like

This is sooooo bad…
Going to post it in the Down Under thread also, as a permanent reminder :0)

Australian Olympics breakdancer’s routine compared to ‘your aunty on the mojitos’

Australian breakdancer Rachael Gunn, also known as Raygun, has clapped back at critics who mocked her performance at Olympics 2024 - saying she wanted to show her creativity through her routine

https://twitter.com/i/status/1822139197974577592

4 Likes

Pakistan won the gold in Men’s Javelin, that’s very surprising. :clap:

Not really. Arshad Nadeem was always going to be the favourite. His problem was more due to him committing fouls while throwing.

1 Like

No wonder it’s already been dumped for the next one.

4 Likes

I haven’t watched any other routines but absolutely loved that one. .

2 Likes