The thread for jokes that don’t meet Flobs’ exacting standards

No relevant expertise? Michelle Obama has as much relevant expertise as any other first time President other than someone who has previously been Vice President, surely?

I have never entirely understood why so many people think that being married to an elected leader means you have therefore experience in the job of that elected leader. I think you would find that most security cleared bureaucrats that worked in high placed government jobs have far more relevant experience, as well as many congressmen and women. I simply disagree and question the relevance of linking being the other half of a president/leader with relevant leadership experience. Michelle Obama was not privy to security meetings in the US and was not part of government.

But your opinion is common, maybe mine is not. In my country, there is no such thing as being “first lady or first man”, the guy or woman married to our PM’s are completely our of the picture and barely mentioned in the media (and I really approve of that). I don’t think anyone in Norway would say that Erna Solberg’s husband has relevant Prime Minister experience for instance.

2 Likes
3 Likes
1 Like

4 Likes

5 Likes

3 Likes

2 Likes

hear hear Magnus. Michelle Obama may possibly be a good future presidential candidate (although I think I remember her saying that she didn’t like public life and didn’t see any future for herself in politics) but we could only reasonably form this impression after she actually held some lower form of public office. Having made the calamitous Trump call and endured four years of hell, surely America should return to realising experience in public office must be a necessary precursor - a trial by fire if you like - to avoid a repeat.

3 Likes

Sensible americans yes, but they wouldn’t have voted for him anyway.

As for the rest, I think Trumps stint actually makes it more likely that the cult of personality is here to stay for the Republicans.

Also a funny to keep on track

1 Like

3 Likes

3 Likes
7 Likes

E8GydBjWQAYtCSM

3 Likes

2 Likes

3 Likes

3 Likes

No Way Reaction GIF by EA SPORTS FIFA

1 Like