The Trials of Donald J Trump

Now the GA case likely to be delayed beyond the elections

https://x.com/JoyceWhiteVance/status/1788203013842059298

He has no interest in exercising his constitutional right to a speedy trial.

1 Like

She fucked up so badly it’s beyond belief. Played straight into their hands with so much at stake. Jack Smith must be fucking furious.

Delay Delay Delay… Hope the Cnut loses the election then it will become open season on him… Everyone erring on the side of caution, at the moment, but, no one will have a fear of him coming after them when he remains just an Ex POTUS…!

Good point. If he loses the election - and I think he will, as people are sick of his crap, and the incumbent usually has an advantage, even if Biden isn’t exactly igniting the masses - the chickens will be coming home to roost.

There will be three significant lawsuits coming his way, at least, and without the protection of being in the Whitehouse he might well see out his days behind bars.

I’ve heard the Secret Service will not allow an ex POTUS to enter the prison system… they will probably push for permanent house arrest or similar.
Thing is though… what a way to spend the twilight years of a life -

Exile to Coober Pedy

:0)

Hypothetically speaking, if he sees out his days under house arrest, it could be Mar a Lago, and that’s not quite the prison sentence most would have in mind. Luxury on tap, and a steady stream of guests coming through the place. Hmmm…

And would his house arrest privileges include being able to play golf?

Old Teflon Don might yet land on his bone spur feet.

I’d honestly settle for him just not being President again. They should have offered him a plea deal before he announced his candidacy.

6 Likes

Trump’s lawyer just tried to get the gag order altered, presumably so he could attack Stormy. The answer was no

Now they are arguing for a mistrial (again) on the grounds that her testimony was irrelevant and prejudicial.

Which is the same mistrial request, basically - a settled matter.

I also think they weakened that line of argument with their own cross-examination. They could have asked her one question - does she have knowledge of his business records? Done. But Trump could not have lived with that.

2 Likes

The judge looks like he’s going to deny it
Asking why the defence never objected at the time
They’re going to have a very angry client on their hands soon by the looks of it.

…and probably another contempt hearing in the morning.

1 Like

I definitely think the details of the stormy testimony was to inflict embarrassment. I see no logical explanation on why they went into detail re the alleged sexual encounter.

Explores Trump’s motive for trying to suppress it. The details are embarrassing, and would have been embarrassing during the 2016 campaign.

3 Likes

I missed the testimony, did it have elements of Jade to it?

I didn’t have “The Don” pegged for that sort of thing…

Because it was Trump’s maximalist defence that it never happened. Stormy being able to go into consistent granular detail severely challenges that assertion.

https://www.politico.com/news/2024/05/09/trump-stormy-daniels-trial-testimony-00157192

The process is the punishment.

1 Like

He is denying it happened. So her testimony is important to prove it did happen, and that is the crux of the matter.

It happened, he paid her off, then lied about what he was using that money for, so the court now must decide if he committed fraud.

3 Likes

Weird logic here it seems, to me anyway.

So if Trump paid her from his own account and he denies the encounter, why did he pay her? Charity?

1 Like