The Unreliable LFC Transfer Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 3)

Something interesting for comparison. The season when we won the PL, we pretty much had a quiet summer window too. Buying only Minamino and having a net gain of around 40mil. So you don’t have to spend big every summer to win. Keeping that core group can be equally or more important.

Mate, with all due respect, It’s important to sometimes call a spade a spade and not always give a positive spin on it. That’s the perfect recipe for falling into mediocrity.
It is criminal to ask 5 of the starting 11 from 2019 to still go again and again and again, every season. (Mo,Ali,Virgi,Trent,Robbo). The season you are referring to, that team had won the CL. It was at it’s peak and you won’t have to fix anything that isn’t broken.The whole squad had adequate depth.
Compare it to the last 2 seasons, we are the third best team in the league. The table does not lie at the end of the season. You are where you are. Everyone was even surprised to be in the title race last season and did we take it to the last day as that team of 2019 or 2022 did ? Sadly, the kids which pretty much kept us in the final of Carabao cup last season are all but gone as well.

Currently, squad wise,quality wise City and Arsenal have the momentum and are suited best to be in top 2… We are the third best team in the league.
The current squad cannot challenge on all 4 fronts. And, some of these players are mentally weak , unable to handle pressure, dare I remind the games against Everton and old toilet last season. If we keep standing still, we will let others either pass us by or just get further away from the top 2.

I can come up with all the silly reasons that we weren’t able to sign anyone this summer, but even the contracts of the existing ones ? Now, I assume many who voice out similar opinion may be wrong? But, Do you believe even the club captain and Gk are wrong coming out , asking for signings for the club to progress. Are they really wrong in their part ? Why did we even got into this situation that our captain has to come out and beg for signings. Did this ever happen in the last 8 years ?

I am going to wait till the end of the transfer window to completely judge Hughes/Edwards, but it will definitely be a huge disappointment to end this window with this narrative that there isn’t a player available on this planet to improve us ?

8 Likes