The Unreliable LFC Transfer Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 3)

Also said we’re ‘prepared to sanction’ a loan for Bajetic. Can’t understand that at all.

Add the mandatory Barca tax of 40m to that and he can go.

1 Like

I don’t know. I’m a little surprised too. Perhaps he needs regular playing time after missing so many games last couple of years, and Arne thinks he is going to be too busy coaching the regular first team players on the system he wants to implement to give him the time he needs?

1 Like

More drivel

3 Likes

I’d be gutted if we replaced Diaz with Gordon

2 Likes

I wouldn’t want Gordon either.

1 Like

Looking at how squint we are I just want us to tie down Salah to atleast a 2 year contract extension and sell him to Saudi for 100-150 million in a year or two. On any account we can’t let him go on a free.

1 Like

I fear that by the time Edwards has updated his list, the Slot project may have failed long ago. Yes, I know that sounds very pessimistic, but not fulfilling at least one wish of a new manager, supporting him and making things a little easier for him, is simply not appropriate. Especially not when you have such high standards as we do. Slot will be under a lot of pressure to deliver. At the moment it just looks as if he is being used to reduce the squad and sell Klopp’s kids.

3 Likes

I think you are over worrying. The recruitment team will be working hard to get the sort of players Arne wants, and I’m sure he won’t see the lack of signings this window as a failure. He will back himself as a coach and work around that challenge.

Better that, than clogging the squad up with players that don’t advance the ability of the team in a significant way.

3 Likes

I think the key question is replacing VVD and Salah not hoping they will stay around.

They are both reaching ages that we should be considering the next stage.

As for sanctioning a Bajectic loan that would be criminal.

6 Likes

The issue isn’t down to a lack of cash. The club have been willing to spend. As for Mo, we don’t know if he would go to SA, and even if he were willing, it is unlikely they would pay that sum of money for him in two years time (or even now). Giving him a new contract just ties up money that you think we don’t have, and may inhibit the signing of a new long term starting forward.

yet here you are

Wow, this has turned into a shit show.

Back to American politics.

7 Likes

I wouldn’t take much about incomings with much salt.

I actually don’t think we will see any now and no I don’t think it is right but they will have to learn from it.

I’m not to bothered about this guy, I’m more bothered about the outgoings and lack of consideration about two guys who haven’t got long to play

Keeping someone in the team just so that they don’t leave on a free was what Ed Woodward did at Manchester United. We know how that’s worked out.

2 Likes

https://x.com/AnfieldSector/status/1823235819097690241

what in the blue hell is this?!

For the price, yes. Why get rid of a Tsimikas who is well-settled just for the sake of a transfer? You’d have to substantially improve on him, e.g. by signing the equivalent of Robertson when we found him.

There isn’t a gap though, is there? It’s not like there are players who are leaving now whom we need to replace right away.

1 Like

You love making absolutely over the top statements.

2 Likes

Zubimendi changed his mind. It’s unfortunate, but it happens. It is not a reflection on our recruitment team. Various things need to come together to do a deal, and we were there… until the player changed his mind at the last. Now we move on.

We have a great list of midfielders. Slot’s forte is his coaching. He likes a double pivot so I still think we will be fairly solid. What’s to say Gravenberch doesn’t take hold of the opportunity? Or one of the others?

I’m not going to get upset over a transfer deal that fell through. It happens.

Hopefully we do some business before the window closes. There are several on the exit ramp, for the sake of their careers. There are three big players who have contracts winding down. And we could do with a player or two elsewhere, apart from Zubimendi.

Let’s see what happens.

2 Likes

You actually believe there’s not players out there who make us better and at not unreasonable cost? I mean there’s faith, blind faith and then this stance.

Why buy a left back now? Because Tsimikas hasn’t challenged Robertson for his place in the last four years and Robertson is coming to the latter phase of his career at the top level. A club ruthless about winning, with evidently no other needs according to some, would be out there looking for someone to challenge Robertson so that transition is seamless.

That isn’t a transfer for transfers sake. It’s continual improvement and succession planning before the need to make a move is forced on you.

3 Likes