The Unreliable Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 3)

Fair enough. All I can go on is his position I’ve seen him play in the Championship and that’s been right back at which he has excelled.

1 Like

Sounds like TAA mk2

We’re linked with three players in today’s BBC Gossip page. Two of them are midfielders so I doubt if there’s any substance there. We don’t need any more midfielders. The third is a forward who supposedly wants to go to AC Milan.

Atalanta say they have not received any direct contact from Liverpool about their Dutch midfielder Teun Koopmeiners with the Reds reportedly interested in the 26-year-old. (90min)

Liverpool want to sign Uruguay midfielder Federico Valverde, 25, from Real Madrid . (Teamtalk)

Bologna and Netherlands forward Joshua Zirkzee, 22, has been targeted by Manchester United and Liverpool , but has told his agent he would prefer a move to AC Milan . (Mirror)

Not sure Bolonga would accept a loan deal and 5 beans next summer however I could be wrong.

That alone should be enough to say we won’t be interested in him. No way would we be interested in midtable fodder

I’ve suspected we’d lose at least one of our five main attackers this summer due to a bid too good to turn down, and our rumoured pursuit of a pacey wide attacker. I put Salah in that camp. Could we lose Diaz too?

“Unusually for a signing who has had two strong years at the club, Díaz is yet to agree a contract extension to replace the original which he signed on his arrival.”

Wouldn’t really call it strong.

3 Likes

Where’s a tweet from the old man saying how much he wants to got the France.

1 Like

What would you call it?
Serious question…

I thinnk he is growing into the role and would stay strong rather than exceptional.

If there is anything to it at least PSG might pay his price.

Think it’s all noise, maybe it’s trying to get a new deal.

Positive impact initially. Then a bit hot and cold, inconsistent. Unlucky with a big injury and a certain event off the pitch. Lacking more end product so far and only recently hitting what he should be providing in this team.

2 Likes

As I said, not exceptional, not dreadful…
Strong is a decent description

Not for me, but who cares. Game of words.

I think Díaz is a smashing player and I hope he fits into the new manager’s plans.

If he leaves it will hopefully be for a big fee for the manager to reinvest.

4 Likes

He might be a RWB option if we switch to 3 at the back.

:slight_smile:

Why spend money on a TAA replacement (for after he moves to midfield) when we have Bradley and Ramsay?
Bayer Leverkusen 's Dutch international right wing-back Jeremie Frimpong, 23, is attracting interest from Liverpool in a move that could see Trent Alexander-Arnold moved into midfield. (Football Insider)

Clue is it comes from something called “Football Insider”.

2 Likes

This lad’s played next to no football for the best part of 2 years. It’s hard to see what his next step is nevermind the idea he could be part of this squad next season.

Unless the plan is to have Bradley and Frimpong competing with each other for the RB spot the same way Robbo and Tsimikas are present for the LB. Frimpong would fit in with Liverpool but I don’t think we are lacking in RB options within the youth systems or within UK to justify the spend. Thats money that should be spent somewhere else.

Anyway , it’s football insider, something which isn’t to be believed.

1 Like