The Unreliable Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 3)

please no.

Has the matrix been given Benny Hill’s personality?

Benny Hill What GIF

Haven’t seen Endo and only really watched Amrabat during the World Cup but for me neither need to be world class in order to give us the midfield we need.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/Squawka/status/1691896752691941524?t=_tvvLwuftLoUHGRDeeRN-A&s=19

Apparently costing £5m. Decent stats.

Let my reverse curse strike!

Fire Elmo GIF

Absolutely. I can remember Endo being linked with us when he was way younger (or was it another one?), but it didn’t materialise for whatever reason. He would be nothing more than a stop-gap, and like you, I’m no fan at all of this kind of moves.

I say we play the kids we have at disposal, and let’s see how they do. With that being said, loaning out Carvalho suddenly seems a far less smart move now than a few weeks ago… I’d largely prefer to see him developing himself with us, rather than to sign a 30-years old from Stuttgart.

No, it will be the ENDO the deal.

Nah, great player.

3 Likes
1 Like

https://twitter.com/piesportsbooze/status/1691860077534212199?t=FxMUyuhGAjQK2-bTfvL6YQ&s=19

4 Likes

Staring Episode 2 GIF by The Office

He pulled a real switcheroo with Mulholland drive, the tricky bastard

2 Likes

I have a very soft spot for Stuttgart and #LegEndo has been their life insurance for a few years now so I’m not sure what to wish for here.

1 Like

I’d sign a Klavan type for LCB just so we can actually have someone who knows the role but we should not be buying old squad options for the midfield. We need two players of starting quality. This transfer window has gone to shit.

1 Like

I would love to see a Japanese player succeed at Liverpool. (I know nothing about Endo but wasn’t particularly impressed by the You Tube video I saw).

At least if it is true that the deal is for £5m we aren’t blowing the money from the Fabinho & Hendo deals on a player who doesn’t improve the midfield.

Technically, (from a stereotypical view) he should be OK and will be ready to run himself into the ground when called upon.

Will be interested to see his stats. And whether he can surprise us with his performances

Forza Blue Samurai!

3 Likes

I know nothing about him. I guess I watched him at the World Cup and Japan were alright.

£5m for a decent DM, who is known for his selflessness, strong tackles and drive. 30 and a captain for club and country. Gives Morton and Bajetic space to grow too.

It’s also more in line with my preference of not spending £110m on a defensive midfielder.

6 Likes

I can already see the tabloids headliners:

• “no hen do for endo”
  • “endo ends the way of the dodo”
  • “do end endo”
  • “no down for endo”
  • “will endo do?”
  • “no dwelling for endo”
  • “endo, well endowed”
  • “say no to endo”

(My lack of sleep is showing, please be merciful)

Wataru doing FSG?

Caicedo and Lavia were just the smokescreen for Endo :0)
Just Do It… then sweep up a CB before the window closes

3 Likes

Stuttgard and Japan captain. 30yo can play both DM and CB.

Apart from him being 30, looks like he can cover 2 positions we need so would make sense if he was a few years younger