The Unreliable Rumours Discussion Thread (Part 3)

First transfer window in years without melodrama :blush:

3 Likes

Other than announcing the exit of Klopp, Pep, Matos and Jorg :joy: :cold_sweat:

1 Like

No ones really bought have they.

Did Chelsea take note of the Everton stuff and probably thought best not overspend.

I think Football is entering a deflationary phase. Spending regulations finally showing some teeth have put a massive break on everyone’s spending, and I think that’s a really good thing.

9 Likes

Spurs have spent some dough, and they had it to spare since letting Bruce Forsyth go to Munich. But overall we are seeing a clear trend towards parsimony.

For me it has a sense of shutting the stable door after the horse has bolted, especially in light of Man City, but it is still a good trend for the health of the game.

Like all fair minded football fans I hope Man City get what’s coming, as they are the main stain. If they are dealt with justly, then along with the recent trend, we might just be getting our game back. Fingers crossed.

4 Likes

Unless you have oodles of lawyers who will fight everything just to prove a point that they CAN.

I would hope the FA would insist that City’s lawyer fees be billed to the club, thus part of their annual losses.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/MailSport/status/1753094107784757540

1 Like

The lad still has a league cup to win. Fuck of with yer

3 Likes

Lost count of the amount of goalkeepers Forest changed lately.

1 Like

Surely if they are serious it’d be 25m+ ? I expect we’ll get more in the summer anyway

If they had offered it on Jan the 2nd we may have considered it.

Horvath, Hennessey, Henderson, Turner, Navas, Vlachodimos, now Sels…

What a circus.

^^^

The Reds are also considering a move for Fulham and United States defender Antonee Robinson, 26, to provide back-up for their Scotland left-back Andy Robertson, 29. [(Fichajes - in Spanish)

That made me smile.

Remember we were linked with him when he was at Wigan, before his move to Milan collapsed. Then we went on to get Tsimi 6 months later. We’re fine with our LB options. Plus, hard to see us considering any type of senior transfer at the moment. Just Spanish recycled rubbish from the past I guess.

2 Likes

Whatever signings we make will obviously include the new manager going forward. If it is Alonso, it will be intriguing to see if he keeps a similar system to how he deploys his Leverkusen side. If so, we can expect to see another CB come in, likely a left footer, and things may change with our current fullbacks.

Our squad is talented and flexible, but I still expect a couple of changes when the new man steps in, as he will naturally want to put his own stamp on it, not just in terms of coaching and set up, but some tweaks to personnel too.

I have to put this here as I’m prevented from posting in the no-discussion thread because no-one else is posting there now.

So, does anyone know anything about this Sudakov?

Manchester City and Liverpool are among the clubs interested in Shakhtar Donetsk and Ukraine attacking midfielder Georgiy Sudakov, 21. (Calciomercato - in Italian)

I don’t really see the point of the no discussion threads. You always want to comment on a rumour and people often forget that they’re not allowed to.

Never heard of this bloke.
Sign him immediately!

4 Likes

Watched the Euro u21 championship last summer, he and Bondarenko (sp) stood out along with Oscar Gloukh of Salzburg. Very good technical players that I love watching.

Early kick off in the CL against Barca, again made quite the impression.

1 Like
2 Likes