The What's cooking thread

If I put chili in a poutine, does it become a curry?!?

Asking the real questions.

2 Likes

Maybe. But would you want to have that ?

Chili poutine is quite popular. I canā€™t stand poutine in general.

1 Like

Havenā€™t had it but cheese and gravy making fried potatoes turn to mush doesnā€™t seem appetizing,

Also the curry is basically a dish served along with a mains (like Rice/Roti/Naan). Itā€™s never a whole dish in itself.

1 Like

According to the palate of most of my Canadian friends, if you add a bit of white pepper it would then be considered a curry.

3 Likes

You are only skimming the surface of ā€˜disgusting food eaten when drunk in Montrealā€™. It seems to have died a merciful death, but there used to be popcorn poutine, same mess but with popcorn instead of French fries.

4 Likes

Iā€™ve had my share of disgusting street food when drunk too. From Lamb Organ meats to fish fried in Questionable Oil.

Itā€™s more to do with the hygiene and quality of Oil though rather than having something which is guaranteed to taste revolting. It didnā€™t hurt my stomach then. But I canā€™t think of having them now.

Yo @Alright_Now_Legend - Not sure why, but saw this and thought of you :0) Thought you might like to learn it and try it out on your next ā€˜Come Dine With Meā€™ party.!
Instrumental backing, can be found on Youtube :0)
Here goesā€¦

INDIAN CURRY RHAPSODY

Naan, just killed a man

Poppadom against his head

Had Lime Pickle Now Heā€™s Dead

Naan, Dinnerā€™s Just Begun

But Now Iā€™m Gonna Crap it All Away

Nann, ohhhh ohhhhhh

Didnā€™t mean to make you cry

Seen Nothing Yet Just See the Loo Tomorrow

Curry On, Curry On

Cause Nothing Really Madras

Too Late,

My Dinners Gone

Sends Shivers Down my Spine

Rectum Aching All the Time

Goodbye Onion Bhaji,

Iā€™ve got to go

Gotta Leave You All Behind And Use the Loo

Nann, Ohhhhh Ohhhhh

The Doopiaza is so Mild

I Sometimes Wish Weā€™d Never Come Here at All

Guitar Solo (Or banjo depending on who you are!)

I See a Little Chicken Tikka on the Side

Rogan Josh, Rogan Josh,

Pass the Chutney Made of Mango

Vindaloo Does Nicely

Very Very Spicy

Meat

Byriani (Byriani)

Byriani (Byriani)

Byriani and a Nann

(A Vindaloo loo loo loo)

Iā€™ve Eaten Balti, Somebody Help me

Heā€™s Eaten Balti, Get Him to the Lava-try

Stand you Well Back

Cause the Loo is Quarantinedā€¦

Here it Comes

There it Goes

Technicolour Yawn

I Chunder

NO!

Itā€™s Coming up Again

(There he Goes)

I Chund-Its Coming back Again (There he Goes)

Coming Back Again (Up Again)

Here it Goes Again

(No, No, No, No, No, No NO)

On my Kneeā€™s Im on my Knees

On his Knees, Oh, There he Goes

This Vindaloo

Its About to Wreck my Guts

Poor Meā€¦ Poor Meā€¦ Poor Meeeeā€¦

Guitar Solo

So you Think you can Chunder and Feel Alright?

So you try to eat Curry and Drink Beer all Night?

Oh Maybe, But now you Puke Like a Baby

Just had to Come out

It Just had to Come Right out in Here

3 Likes

Howling! I actually might have composed this.

1 Like

Tweaked 1 line which I think works slightly better

1 Like

really looking forward to seeing (IF) Zubimendi signs how he fits in with Macca in that deep two, it does feel like we are sacraficing a bit of that muscle, but i think its a calculated riskā€¦

(seeing as your talking about food in every other thread, thought id come in here and discuss football in some peace and quiet)

11 Likes

Now add a semi-erotic dance routine and itā€™s the stuff of Bollywood :laughing:

2 Likes

Korea finally bans dog meat - as Western tourist describes what it really tastes like

The industry has previously seen hundreds of thousands of dogs reared and slaughtered in South Korea every year, but a bill initially passed in January this year came into effect on Wednesday

Dogs look out from a cage at a dog farm

Voila

A South Korean woman cuts cooked dog meat at a dog meat restaurant in Daegu on January 10, 2024

A South Korean ban on dog meat has finally come into effect, as a Western blogger describes what it tastes like.

An upsetting centuries-old tradition of eating the meat of manā€™s best friend has been brought to an end with the passing of a bill previously dubbed by campaigners as ā€œhistory in the makingā€.

One person who visited such a restaurant to try a dog meat stew called Bosintang was travel blogger Melanie Ferguson from Vancouver, Canada.
ā€œItā€™s probably the most controversial thing Iā€™ve done,ā€ Melanie wrote in her blog in January, after the bill was first passed.

"When I lived in South Korea, my old friends would often chide me with an Asian stereotype. ā€˜Have you eaten cat yet?ā€™ they would ask.

ā€œā€˜No, come on,ā€™ I would reply. ā€˜They donā€™t eat cat hereā€”Koreans eat dogā€™.ā€

She added: ā€œAnd so I did too.ā€

The most well-known dish is bosintang, dog meat stew, revered as a source of vitality during harsh winters or the hottest days of summer.

ā€œThatā€™s the meal I ate in Seoul. Just once, by myself, as I couldnā€™t convince anyone to join me,ā€ Melanie went on

"When it arrived at my table, I have to admit it looked good.

ā€œAfter it cooled, I used my metal chopsticks to take my first bite.ā€

She described the taste as like beef, but said it had a doggy smell to it.

Melanie went on: "It tasted good, too. Like beef, the meat was tender and stringy. I could smell dog, sure, but it wasnā€™t strong with the scents of the other stew ingredients wafting to my nose.

ā€œWhatā€™s the big deal? I wondered. I ate until I was full.ā€

:nauseated_face: :nauseated_face: :nauseated_face:

1 Like

@Alright_Now_Legend

Share your korma recipe , I promise I wonā€™t laugh.

ā€¦and does it have a Chameleon in itā€¦? :0)

Let me open the can of wormsā€¦ is it eggplant, aubergine or brinjal?

1 Like

As a non-consumer of spicy curry dishes, guess I will just leave this here. :0)
Ps. You know who you all are :slightly_smiling_face:

Warning issued for blokes who love a hot curry as its linked to flopping in bed

A study has been carried out to identify any connection between erectile dysfunction and men failing to get it up in the bedroom, and results do not make for pretty reading

Sexperts issued research warning men who tuck into hot dishes over three times a week are nearly three times more likely to be stricken with erectile dysfunction.

A group of urologists from the University of South China said: ā€œOur study suggests that frequent spicy food consumption may increase the risk of erectile dysfunction, especially among non-smokers.

ā€œThe higher their spicy frequency eating, the higher the severity of erectile dysfunction.

ā€œDiets of men with ED may need to be adjusted.ā€

Harley Street consultant urologist Prof Raj Persad added: ā€œThose who eat more spicy food may have more of a tendency to diabetes or high BMI ā€“ both of which could be implicated in erectile dysfunction.

ā€œThe study may illustrate doctors should look to exclude high levels of spicy toxins in the circulation.ā€
Scientists believe one of the reasons that extra spice in diets could spark erectile dysfunction is because it can lower levels of testosterone.

Those who feast on spice-heavy meals such as curries seven days a week were found to have 12% less of the hormone than those who avoid them

The study also showed they could have worse Ā­romantic relationships.

It added: ā€œThey frequently tend to form an Ā­irritable character, which is prone to quarrels and disharmonious relations.ā€

1 Like

Thatā€™s a load of bollocks, for a start.

4 Likes