Thiago ALCANTARA: 2020/21

7 Likes

Are you saying that to me, or should we say that to Thiago? :stuck_out_tongue:

On a serious note, that tackle was really bad. It didn’t get much coverage as Pickford’s because of the red card and since Thiago continued playing thereafter. But it seemed more reckless and intentional to me than it looked. Ridiculous how they got away with so much damage they inflicted to us with just a “Ohhh Jamez also got injured for one game” C*nts.

I am happy that he is available to play in this season itself, it could have been really really bad!

1 Like

And in your opinion, who is this signing that can stay fit despite being horrendously tackled like what we saw in the Everton game?

1 Like

I am trying to find answers to that question myself, because most of the players are categorized into “Flop/ injury prone who needs to be upgraded in Jan/ summer”.

There’ll be a day Jota will be categorized as well, because our memories and patience run out thin very very fast no matter how good a situation we might be in and our worries are compounded in seconds, while the trust in the club on the other hand could take years to build. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

He hasn’t scored since Saturday. I think we might have to start questioning whether his good form at the beginning was a mirage unless he ends that run pretty quickly.

7 Likes

The picture that we all saw of Thiago happily chatting to Robbo on a staircase at Kirkby. At that moment he looked fine, I think after that picture was taken, he fell down the stairs!!

2 Likes

Or how about signing players that are built from concrete and able to withstand a MMA move from a Bitter.

1 Like

What, like Jimmy Case, Graeme Souness, Alan Kennedy, Tommy Smith, Sammi Hypia etc. Do you mean players of that ilk?

1 Like

I can hear the criticism of such player: Move too slow, his legs are made of cement! Can’t turn if his life is depending on it, legs are made of concrete! etc, etc. :rofl:

5 Likes

yeah but he’d be great against Everton. Last man standing

2 Likes

Will it sell shirts in far east though?

2 Likes

Or Burnley.

2 Likes

He’s even waterproof on a cold, wet Monday evening in Stoke.

2 Likes

Anyhow sounds positive on the injury front going forward in the next week or two.

2 Likes

Seems we have replaced Sturridge doesn’t feel 100% not playing.

2 Likes
1 Like

I just think they unsold his injury, if Klopp had said he could be out til December we would probably have accepted it a long time ago.

I’m glad he has offered up some news today on all but the Ox (who I assume is probably on the timescale between those due back soon and Thiago).

1 Like

I’m assuming you’re joking.

3 Likes

I suppose the nightmare scenario has at least been avoided. i.e. surgery

Let’s hope he’s back early January.

1 Like

So that’s him out until New Year, as expected. Tough luck, but it’s better not to go too fast with him.

If he comes back for January indeed, that would make him available for a cameo on January second, against Southampton, the last game of a harassing month of football with gazillions of games. After that, we have a two weeks break… You couldn’t make this stuff up. :roll_eyes:

But at least, he will then be fully available when football (and all that schedule craziness) resumes on January 15th.

1 Like