Thiago Alcántara - Welcome to Liverpool

Best goalkeeper
Best defender
Best fullbacks
Best front three
Best manager
Best fans…

And now the midfielder who the ‘world’ considers in that bracket. Immense immense signing, and an unintended statement!

5 Likes

I’m buzzing.

11 Likes
8 Likes
13 Likes

He seems PROPERLY pumped to be here :slight_smile:

1 Like
3 Likes
2 Likes

Whistling along. Brilliant…

4 Likes

Ah I was at that game in 1998 come to think of depressingly I’m 8 years older than him, I imagined us as both 15 year olds.

It was my third at Anfield. I don’t think I went again until the end of Rafa’s reign (University plus other things).

Anyhow absolutely delighted on this signing top draw recruitment.

1 Like

Trying to think who else has had it, not great with numbers.

Aurelio and Riise I presume.

Finaly, what took you so long. :grinning:

Dejan Lovren, Don Hutchison, Fábio Aurélio, John Arne Riise, Luis Alberto, Markus Babbel, Phil Babb

Well that was a totally unexpected signing.

Was it even mentioned on here before today ?

6 Likes

That’ll do for the week.

Sarr can wait til Monday.

7 Likes

We’ve got the best midfield in the world!!! :partying_face:

1 Like

7 Likes

Fucking awesome. Should be transformative to the way we’re able to play, even if he’s not playing every game. I think we’ve become a bit over-reliant on our fullbacks and teams that are able to press us in wide areas and shut down our fullback play (not easy, not common, but it happens) can stifle our creativity. This gives us a whole lot more creativity and threat through the middle, which should make it even harder for teams to nullify our fullbacks.

Wonder what our first choice midfield is now? So many great players who have, at times, been automatic names on the team sheet. Fabinho probably the casualty as he dropped off the second half of last season. Hendo too consistent and crucial to the way we play, Gini so long the glue that holds us together. I’d imagine for all games they’re healthy Henderson and Thiago will play and we’ll see Gini, Keita, Fabinho, and Milner shuffled through. Ox to be a midfield sub for more attacking impetus or get more game time in wide areas like he did towards the end of last season.

15 Likes

Look what the cat’s dragged in.

Stick around :+1:t2:

6 Likes

Oh yeah Phil Babb… suppose with that list he can make it his own.

1 Like