Those jammy fuckers down the M62

I should’ve posted the headline. This is what I was referring to. Kind of ridiculous. Might be a good player, but that much money?

1 Like

End of the day at that price he is going have to be very good, scoring the odd goal in a comfortable win won’t get me moving my view.

I’m just looking forward to hearing why he’s way better than Darwin for the next few years.

3 Likes

When ETH demanded ‘a number 9 to replace Martial’, Murtough truly delivered - finding him a 9 goal a season player who’s already injured.

Oh my…

Page 2 of his Caf thread…

‘He’ll be our Salah…20 goals this year…’

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

So a player that has averaged 1 in 3 could be equivilent to a forward that has consistantly scored +20 goals per season each season that he has been at Anfield

Jack Nicholson Yes GIF

Clearly The Verve were wrong back in '97 as clearly the drugs in Manchester are as strong as ever

‘the drugs don’t work they just make things worse’

No, I think the verve were 100% describing the Mancunian brain.

Yet the author saw it fit to end the article on the statement from his representative saying that he had been cleared.

He has not been cleared. The case just collapsed because the mother of his child allegedly refused to give evidence.

hits the nail right in the head…

https://twitter.com/MikeLUHG2/status/1687881494193180672?s=20

1 Like

Maguire doing Maguire things…

1 Like

Just saw on Twitter about McGuire getting booed by utd supporters not sure if it was today. :joy::joy:

If that’s true, it’s disgusting. Booing one of your own players, I just don’t like that.

4 Likes

The comparisons with Haaland are pretty obvious, even if not particularly encouraging for him or Utd. He is big, strong, very direct and very fast and so on a superficial level he plays similarly to how a Red Bull or Dortmund Haaland played. The difference is Halaand while passed the eye test as someone who looked like a menace he got attention because he scored a shit ton of goals. At no point in his career has Hojland scored goals at a rate to make anyone pay attention. 0 league goals in his first season in Danish football. In Austria in half a season he scored at a rate threatening a 20 goal season (literally half the rate of Haaland in the same league at the same age) and then his 9 last season in Italy.

Ok, so he isnt yet a genuine goal scorer, but is that what Utd need? That isnt really the main attribute needed in the modern 9 so is he being bought to help fit together their overall attack with clever link up play? Probably not as almost all his positive traits are about being direct and there is some criticism of his hold up play. He is principally a player who thrives in transition.

So all in all its not easy to see what Utd think they are getting. They are getting someone who doesnt fit the profile of a forward most assumed they need. Ok, so is he the pure goal scorer the fans want or think they need? Well, no not really either. Ok, so at least if he’s not going to allow them to play the more expansive game they supposedly ant to ply he’s at least a dynamite goal scorer, kind of like a younger Ronaldo. Well, no not really that either.

1 Like

As I said he is going have to excel all of his current history (which is doable) or it’s going be a terrible flop.

My question is was there anyone cheaper who could do that job and I would say yes.

Unless it is at Woodison… :0)

United need goals, plain and simple. They were VERY lucky last season with goals against, DDG, while still error prone, made some top drawer saves last season that meant the difference between 1 point and 3 several times for them. They don’t have that anymore, so they need more goals to balance it out.

I don’t believe Hojlund brings them that many more goals this season, tbh. Also, given his history, we can assume that Rashford will revert back to his usual self as he always does after a promising season. Sancho/Anthony don’t have many goals in them, and Mount isn’t a natural goalscorer either. Feels like they’ll struggle, with the rest of the league now having a feel for ETH’s setup and tactics.

4 Likes

2 Likes

They really created a monster. Pretty clear he has gone through his entire adolescence facing minimal consequences and constant affirmation regardless of his behaviour.

I was struck by how yet again there are Turkish clubs quite happy to take on a toxic personality like this. A solid bet I suppose, he is an undeniable talent.

1 Like

Could easily head to Saudi for a time and no one will bat an eyelid.

Finished above us is a massive achievement.