Those jammy fuckers down the M62

£200m. WTF is he smoking???

4 Likes

Saudi sheesha pipe?

3 Likes

Good news!

9 Likes

Transfermarkt thinks they’re worth ~ €140 million.

Of course, most of them are egregiously overpaid, so there’s no way they’ll get that.

4 Likes

Maybe the £200m figure includes wages saved?

Difficult to imagine that group of names reaching anything close to that on transfer fees alone.

2 Likes

That’s more likely. Of course, they have to replace them somehow. That will involve more fees and more wages.

2 Likes

He’d be lucky to get £200, let alone £200M

2 Likes

Selling Mason Greenwood should in all probability get some money. 35m perhaps but United aren’t in a position to dictate terms.

Problem with Sancho remains his wages. No club is going to offer United money and then cover Sancho’s weekly wages.

Same problem with Antony. His wages make him very very difficult to get rid off.

New contract for ETH…time for this again…

5 Likes

9 Likes

They’ll be calling in some big Saudi favours there

1 Like

2 Likes

He’s a CB that I was very keen on a couple of years ago. Stats don’t seem all that, but when you play at Bayern, your team dominates the ball, whilst United defenders have been needing to tackle etc more. A bit like keep stats, some shine when you face loads more shots.

He’s had success at both Juve and Bayern, winning titles. Is contracted up until Summer 2027, so would be odd to see Bayern offload, and instead opt to keep Eric Dier on. They are pretty well stacked at CB with Upamecano, Kim, have just signed Ito, Stanisic back on his (very very) successful loan at Leverkusen, as well as youngsters, so does make sense to cash out I guess.

I don’t watch much football, but the impression I had was that he isn’t exactly a bedrock of their successes, so don’t find it odd they would look to move him on, especially if he is on big wages and can command a decent fee.

1 Like

Yeah, what success he has had has to be contextualized by Juve and then Bayern both buying replacements to enable them to move him on. He’s decent but never lived up to expectations and if we ignore the name, if we were to hear that United are considering a big money move for a defender who at his physical peak and already well known is still behind both a 32 year old De Vrij and Van Der Ven in the Dutch side we’d be pretty happy with it.

1 Like

Wouldn’t read too much into these stats.

Defensive teams will always have defenders with a higher interception rates , tackles etc etc as opposed to teams who are possession based.

That said , De ligt hasn’t been that good in Juventus as well as Bayern.

Two posts after the announcement on the Caf…

Worst day of my life

2 Likes

With the amount of people that Ten Hag has brought in , he really doesn’t have an excuse to not play front foot football does he ?

1 Like

He doesn’t, no.

But…

Tools like spinthony

2 Likes