Those jammy fuckers down the M62

2 Likes

I still canā€™t fathom how a Liverpool fan spends so much time on Manchester United media.

:man_shrugging:

1 Like

desperate times

5 Likes

2 Likes

The fee mentioned for Yoro is mental, his stats are poor and Quansah is and will prove to be the better player

2 Likes

Quansah behind on some stats; but if Yoro is worth 60m with one year left, Jarrell must be worth double.

https://x.com/laplfc/status/1813512050959872071?t=ffc2cWAjgXmM-DvzjAG_ng&s=19

Given Edwards is back, and appointed Hughes, we know its likely to be shopping for players in a smarter way.

4 Likes

:rofl:

Oh Nikola, you are so naughty.

I absolutely agree with this but the person who made the statistical comparison didnā€™t want to dwell on the fact that Quansah is three years older than Yoro. Just to make it clear, I would be over the moon if we had many more Quansahs coming out of our academy but Iā€™m getting the feeling that our fans are doing their sour grapes routine over Yoro.

You are one of rare people who have seen the light, mate! :wink:

2 Likes

Ha HA @SBYM

1 Like

2 Likes

The age thing is 100% a factor. The person doing that analysis also didnā€™t dwell on the minutes played.

We will know in the next 18 months how good he can be once he has PL experience. Itā€™s also not like Jarrell has 3 years more first team footy experience either though. Suspect Yoro has come through quickly because Lille donā€™t have that much quality in their squad. Jarrell would prob have been playing regularly in France at 18 if he was there.

From everything Iā€™ve read, Yoro sounds like the real dealā€¦itā€™s just too much money - Ā£115 - Ā£145kpw over the contract. Almost at Szobo numbers!

1 Like

Itā€™s clear to me that heā€™s considered a real talent and a top prospect. Itā€™s also clear to me that Manchester United are able to sign him because Real Madrid didnā€™t feel the need to push through a deal right now.

Looking at the underlying numbers and itā€™s understandable why Madrid would be relaxed about the situation. Heā€™s currently pretty crap in every category (with the caveat that CBs are hard to judge statistically).

Bottom 16% among CBs for progressive passes.
Bottom 20% for progressive carries.
Bottom 20% for progressive carries received.
(In effect this tells us that he starts deep, passes it sideways and doesnā€™t go forwards).

Below average in tackle win %.
Bottom 24% in dribblers tackled.
Quite literally the worst in Europe for blocks per game.
Bottom 29% for ball recoveries.
Bottom 20% for aerials won per game.

Clearly defending isnā€™t this guys forte yet either. None of this is to undermine his talents but heā€™s not a player worth a huge transfer fee yet and I think Real Madrid knew that. Man Utd are essentially paying 60m for a player who, if successful, will likely leave them for Madrid before he turns 24 and if heā€™s not successful then theyā€™ll be stuck with just another expensive bust.

I think heā€™s a huge gamble. He gets a lot of praise - so have a lot of teenagers though, anyone remember the future of England Reece Oxford? (As an aside Oxford is a player I immediately called on not being a top prospect when the media were going crazy about him. It was clear to me West Ham were trying to push physically dominant young players into the first team to attract bids from clubs like Chelsea.).

However no matter how you look at it thereā€™s no way a CB who is bottom of the pile in all those important categories statistically is going to start at Real Madrid, heā€™d be back in their Castilla side. Same at Liverpool, Man City, Arsenalā€¦ to be honest itā€™s true of pretty much every PL team. Man Utd and Chelsea are really the only two teams who would buy him at this stage.

For his sake I hope Man Utd donā€™t push him too early. Donā€™t drop him into the squad on matchday one, unless heā€™s made crazy progress in pre-season then itā€™s not going to go well. He should probably start in the U21 team and see how it goes.

6 Likes

They might look at him and go the Saliba route. Loan him back to a french club for him to develop further.

That said, Itā€™s difficult to see how he doesnā€™t start immediately considering the price tag. The price tag by itself isnā€™t a huge problem with United considering they did manage to get a decent fee for Greenwood and will get some money back for Sancho. But if he doesnā€™t develop as highly as United who clearly rate him , then itā€™s going to be problematic.

Also itā€™s a reflection of how poor Unitedā€™s academy is that they do not have any defender in the 18-21 price range.

In fairness they did have Willy Kambwala, who did pretty well in his appearances last season, but theyā€™ve flogged him to make room for Yoro.

5 Likes

Goldbridge is touting him as the next coming of Christ and is pushing the narrative that Utd is back after beating Madrid for his signature.

As I have said many times, Iā€™m only here for the lulz, and my Spidey-sense is tingling right now at the prospect of a bumper yearā€¦

2 Likes

Read an article that Wan-Bissaka might be going to West Ham in a cut price deal

They do. They just sold him to Villareal though.

2 Likes

Best right back in the world, bruv. No one can slide tackle like him.

3 Likes